Risen 2 Simple questions, simple answers

Edit: I see a lot of people having an issue with the shooting game. I've managed 10/10 by staying fairly far to the right with the mouse, and practicing roughly where they get thrown. There are only 3-4 different "lines" the item can take when flying through the air, so you only need a few target spots.

I suspected it was something like that, but I wasn't going to take the time to figure it out. I was disappointed that PB included such a thing in Risen 2. It's really not their style, and the same goes for the QTE traps. If it wasn't for those things and the exclusion of swimming, this game would have been very close to a 10/10 for me.

Hopefully they drop that sort of thing for their next title.

Started my 2nd playthrough and have managed to get my hands on a musket but i cant seem to figure out how to use the bayonet it came with.
Any help with this would be most appreciated :)

Hold the attack button as if you were doing a power attack.

I was disappointed that PB included such a thing in Risen 2. It's really not their style, and the same goes for the QTE traps. If it wasn't for those things and the exclusion of swimming, this game would have been very close to a 10/10 for me.

Hopefully they drop that sort of thing for their next title.
Were such mechanisms at least used as scarcely as the QTEs in Witcher 2?

The native camp. There's a lady there with a cauldron, you can give it to her. She then creates some soup thing that you can present to Bones in the middle of the camp to get him to shut up.
Thanks, I intimidated him before that so that's why it wasn't needed in my case…

By the time I was finished I had at least 5 or 6 different things that I was never able to figure out the use for. I'm guessing certain items only have a use if you took a certain path. i.e. Voodoo over muskets or vice versa. I had a signet ring, a pipe, and some kind of brush among other things.
Signet ring is not from voodoo path, it's used to forge Caldera council invitation. The brush can be used in voodoo path (hair from it on a doll), if you use that you don't have to go for council invitation forgery, and it gives some nice lines ("bah, mouldly old rubbish" comment on the book about runes for example). Although not necessary to use both, to get all possible loot in Caldera plus 300 coins (by asking for refunds), you should use both options. The pipe is not used anywhere, at least I didn't find anyone to give it to, but pipes are useless in all PB games so probably it's the same thing here…

Were such mechanisms at least used as scarcely as the QTEs in Witcher 2?
There were QTEs in TW2, but the problem here is that you're supposed to press SPACE max 2 miliseconds after you see the word "space" on the screen. On normal setting. Means you'll always die when you step on a trap and you need to reload the game every time to pass a trap.
In TW2 most of QTEs weren't a reason to reload the game, you've had enough time to react in every one of those.

Last edited:
In TW2 most of QTEs weren't a reason to reload the game, you've had enough time to react in every one of those.

Yes, and there was even an option to turn difficult QTEs off. In Risen 2 there's no margin for error whatsoever, and most of the time there's no warning either. It's not like the recent Fallouts and Skyrim where you can see where the traps are if you look carefully.

Another question: where are the parrots? I got the parrot trainer skill and Quinn outside Harbour Town has them for sale for 1000 gold, but I'd rather not spend that if it's possible to find them in the wild.

Does 'toughness' or 'bladeproof' affect damage taken from animals/monsters at all? From what I can see so far it doesn't? (from counting the number of hits taken before dying with clothing worn and not worn).

What's the difference between 'slashing' and 'piercing' type weapons? i.e. are any creatures more susceptible to one type of damage or the other? do the different damage types affect anything at all?

Does 'toughness' or 'bladeproof' affect damage taken from animals/monsters at all? From what I can see so far it doesn't? (from counting the number of hits taken before dying with clothing worn and not worn).

One of those stats definitely affects damage from monsters , but I'm not exactly sure how much, or which stat is the more important one.

An alligator could kill me in two hits the first time I encountered one, but by the end of the game I could take a lot more.

What's the difference between 'slashing' and 'piercing' type weapons? i.e. are any creatures more susceptible to one type of damage or the other? do the different damage types affect anything at all?

I never noticed one doing more damage than the other. The only thing I noticed was slightly different moves during the sword combos. I guess it's just a matter of preference. There's no "functional" differences afaict.

Another question: where are the parrots? I got the parrot trainer skill and Quinn outside Harbour Town has them for sale for 1000 gold, but I'd rather not spend that if it's possible to find them in the wild.

You can't find a trained parrot or trained monkey anywhere as a loot or something - you must buy them.

Has anyone found the recipes for stat-boosting potions for Hero's Crown and Graveroot? Someone on the Deep Silver forums said that one of them was in the panther cave in Maracai Bay, but I couldn't find it there.

Last edited:
I've found (bought) all 4 possible recipes and one of them doesn't work (bug).
The one you're after (Graveroot) can be bought from Malaika in Maracai Bay (natives village), you can't find it somewhere. There is no recipe for Hero's Crown potion, although 1 such potion does exist as a loot (sorry, can't remember where exactly I've found it but since I'm replaying the game I'll keep an eye on it)!

Last edited:
piercing weapons are a faster attack and in theory should be better against armored opponents like crabs or termites but i have no evidence to back up the later.

i too think that bladeproof seems to have an affect on damage done by beasts which wasn't the case in prior pirahna games but in those you could always raise your max health substantially. since blood is not increasable in this game unless you put a lot into toughness i think it makes sense for them to have included another way to block damage through armor/etc even though they failed to make it very transparent.

my guess is since the "leather armor" heros crown potion is the only permanent potion in the game that can be looted it was meant to be a recipe, and the fools juice potion doesn't appear to exist at all in the game files which is why the recipe doesn't work i guess.

i found between 8 and 10 of all the perma plants but i imagine with the temple of air there is probably 10 of each.

Is it possible to use gothic mod tools to unpack sounds from Risen2? I want to use the shooting minigame "unfuckingbelievable" sound as a ringtone! :D

Does anyone know where i could get the King's Sword Blade (i have the Hilt), i've all the weapons made except that one, i went through most of the places but i can't seem to find it :(

Maracai Bay, when you exit the ship go left. Although it looks there's nothing there - your view is blocked by some high bush, but there is more beach to explore. ;)

Maracai Bay, when you exit the ship go left. Although it looks there's nothing there - your view is blocked by some high bush, but there is more beach to explore. ;)

I been there, already found a chest there earlier + some climbable part, but didn't get any "Blade" from there. :/

EDIT:
I just double checked with an old savegame, and the "Hilt" is in that chest, i only need the "Blade"

The blade for the King's Sword is on Tacarigua - in the Southeast region, inside the chest near four ghouls.

It's the same area where you and Jaffar land after escaping from the Isle of Thieves.

Ouch I mixed the parts, sorry.
Anyway, when you return to the area where 4 ghouls were, there will be an aligator near the chest. In case you didn't kill ghouls before you stole the ship, you'll face all 4 of them and the aligator too! :)

hmmm, i think i know those ghouls lol, i'll have to double check that later ingame, thx guys, i will let you know if i find it :)

EDIT:
went to check it out straight away lol.
i now see what was the problem, when i first found that chest it's lock was too difficult (90), so all ghouls were dead, but the alligator was still there :)
thx for the help guys, it's a nice sword i must say, except it has the exact same stats as the other top piercing sword.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom