XCOM 2 - War of the Chosen Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
XCOM 2 expansion War of the Chosen has been released.

XCOM 2: War Of The Chosen Now Available on PC

PC gamers, the wait is over. XCOM 2: War of The Chosen deploys to PC today! The Xbox One and PS4 versions are also on the way, launching shortly on September 12.

From what we've seen so far, though, critics are already taking up arms to join the fight.

Game Informer says XCOM 2: War of The Chosen (9.25/10; "The Pièce De Alien Résistance"[www.gameinformer.com]) is "One of the most rewarding strategy games in years" and that it's got "Nearly a game's worth of new content."

Rock Paper Shotgun (Recommended) declared it's "The first time that an XCOM or X-COM game can be truly described as an epic." Meanwhile IGN (8.8/10) loves how the game "Restores a fear of the unknown."

For those of you who've been following along since we announced the XCOM 2 expansion in June, we hope that you enjoy it. It's a whole new experience we're layering on top of the game that had already racked up numerous Strategy Game of the Year awards in 2016.

[...]
More information.

Hmm
Still playing Mass effect. Have a backlog containing fallout 4, dishonored 2 and divinity is due To come out. I am afraid xcom will have to wait.

Oh, and I thought it was Aliens vs. Aliens ... (Chosen Ones among the Aliens vs. Chosen Ones among the Aliens) ...

Lot of odd little tweaks, but I like how you can set the game up with some new options to make it a bit less difficult (make Avatar project take longer, double mission timers, etc).

Oh, I didn't know that. Then they've added a great feature, one that I probably will use (I'm referring to the Avatar Project tweak).

I remember when playing XCOM 2, from a certain point onwards I couldn't pick all supply drops and other sorts of side missions because the Avatar Project would be concluded and then it would be game over.

As for the mission timers, I already said here more than once that the missions are all doable in the timeframe the game give us. Maybe I won't use this particular tweak, but I know of a particular member here who will find this useful :)

Last edited:
Lot of odd little tweaks, but I like how you can set the game up with some new options to make it a bit less difficult (make Avatar project take longer, double mission timers, etc).

I wonder if they're also going to patch those options into the main game without the expansion. I've still yet to play vanilla XCOM 2, and I want to play that first because it sounds like WotC makes it a very different game.

Downloading it now... 30 GB size :sweatdrop:

30GB on top of the base game ???

Since my \Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2 folder is now 68GB size, then yes, it's 30GB on top of the base game.

OK, I just can't find where is the option to make Avatar Project slow down a bit :)

Can anyone tell where is it?

I believe it's in the options screen before u start a new game, along with a few more different starting options like increasing the amount of turns u can take for timed missions.

I believe it's in the options screen before u start a new game, along with a few more different starting options like increasing the amount of turns u can take for timed missions.

@fatknacker50;

Thanks!

Actually, we should click 'Toggle Advanced Options View' in order to access those new starting options. Somehow, it managed to elude my eyes a few times before I found it :p

Back
Top Bottom