We Happy Few - Releasing August 10th

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
We Happy Few is releasing August 10th on Steam and GOG.

Steam Pre-Order Discount, Bonus Extended To August 12th

3 AUGUST - CAPTAIN SCARLETT
Hey everyone!

PC players may have noted that pre-orders are not currently available across all digital storefronts. To remedy that, we've worked with our partners at Steam and GOG.com to offer the pre-order bonus and discount for the entire weekend following the launch on August 10. The 15% discount and Jolly Brolly weapon will be available from launch until 11:59pm PT/2:59am ET on Sunday, August 12th.

We Happy Few launches August 10th, add the game to your wishlist if you are afraid to miss this window.

Compulsion Games
Additionally a season pass has been announced:

The Season Pass! What is it?

4 AUGUST - CAPTAIN SCARLETT
Hi everyone,

We're thrilled to share the first details about We Happy Few‘s post-launch content! These will not be available at launch but we wanted to give you a little taste of what's coming after.

Sandbox Mode

This free update will add an infinite mode, set in a world that you can customize as you wish (larger, smaller, more dangerous, less food, more Wellies, etc). You will be able to customize some of the rules of the game, including choosing to play as a Wellie (Wellie Mode!). This mode will bring back the systemic, sandbox world showcased in the early days of We Happy Few.

Also in the works is the We Happy Few Season Pass! Included in the We Happy Few Deluxe Edition, the Season Pass includes three different stories set in Wellington Wells:

Roger & James in: They Came From Below!

Precocious Roger and Impetuous James set off in search of adventure and love, only to uncover bizarre technology and a terrifying new threat. All is not as it seems. Or is it exactly as it seems?

Lightbearer

Heartthrob, artist, and personal trainwreck, Nick Lightbearer is Wellington Wells' most celebrated rock star-but what truly makes him tick? Tune in to Uncle Jack's late show to find out.

We All Fall Down

Much like any well-worn happy mask, all societies develop cracks in their veneer. But that doesn't mean you should go digging up dirt from the past. Right? *pops a Joy pill* Right!

The Season Pass is currently only available as part of We Happy Few Deluxe Edition, but will be available for purchase separately upon launch.

Compulsion Games
More information.

While I'm slightly intrigued by some of the developers being ex-Irrational guys - the game doesn't really appeal to me with its weird-for-the-sake-of-weird art direction.

Also, it's a strange decision to switch from sandbox to a more narrative-driven game mid-development.

So, I'll have to look for insightful feedback before I support this.

This game was instabuy for me when it got banned. Can't remember where, doesn't matter. Then the ban was lifted or something, whatever.

In the meantime I've heard a rumor the new masterplan is chop the game's head and limbs, sell only torso and convert it into yet another DLC:The Game.
I'm gonna wait till they release the proper version.

This game was instabuy for me when it got banned.

Considering that it's extremely easy to get a game banned in Australia (just tie positive effects to drug use, unless you make it abundantly clear that they're fantasy drugs like Fallout did by naming them Med-X and so on), that's not exactly a high bar you've set.

It doesn't matter what's easy, all that matters to me is that something is banned by some kind of "morality police" as if the audience is stupid and people can't decide themselves what's good and what sucks.

Product was built on Sir, you are being hunted foundations. Settings were moved accordingly. Still does not work. Gameplay is too weak to feel oppressed, to grow suspicious, to get paranoid.

The more narrative bent is probably why I'll end up buying it. The premise oozed atmosphere when it was announced but I was disappointed it amounted to randomly generated apartments to hide in.

Glad to hear there's more story to the experience.

Might be good might suck but another game with heavy dlc model begs for waiting a few years for the game of the year edition. I'm done with these micro dlc model. Screw it.

It doesn't matter what's easy, all that matters to me is that something is banned by some kind of "morality police" as if the audience is stupid and people can't decide themselves what's good and what sucks.

The very real morality police don't ban shit based on "what sucks". If they did, I'd be all for it.

Hahaha. *wipes laughter tear away*
Ah that was good.

Back
Top Bottom