RPGWatch Forums - View Single Post - Baldur's Gate 3 - Top Changes we want @ Fextralife
View Single Post

January 7th, 2021, 16:55
I never understood why people felt they always had to have X classes in the party. Most games I play were balanced enough, with alternative ways of doing things, I didn't need to do that. I played EA BG3 three times to the end. The third time was the most comprehensive where I did all the content, secret content, etc. I certainly never worried about having the holy trinity. I also played at the difficulty everyone else was playing at. I often didn't have a cleric along. Other times no tank. I did fine.

In other games, say Pathfinder, if I wanted companions over classes and things got hard I lowered the difficulty. I think people don't think outside of the box enough or simply are stuck in a rut thinking they always have to have XYZ in the party.

Regardless I never once felt restricted by having only 4 for the party nor felt I had to remove character X because I needed class Y.

I also sooooo much more prefer BG3 over DDOS series. Like light years better. BG3 is better in style, combat, atmosphere, and companions. Story is about on par so far for me.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)