Interplay - Stonekeep for the Wii

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Here's an odd one. Interplay has announced a partnership with Alpine Studios to develop a Stonekeep game for the Wii, according to Blend. Here's a snip:
Interplay announced today that they're reviving one of the games from their heyday. They're partnering with Alpine Studios to create a Wii game
based on the role-playing game Stonekeep.

Stonekeep is a first-person dungeon crawler that was originally released for the PC in 1995. A hero named Drake journeys into a forgotten castle to defeat an insane god. The press release mentions that Interplay and Alpine's project is a "new game" but doesn't go into details. It's not clear whether it's just a remake of the original Stonekeep or an all-new adventure inspired by it.
More information.

!?!? Why? Most Wii gamers weren't born when Stonekeep came out. The few that do remember the game don't remember it with much fondness. Could Interplay actually be paying them to use the IP in order to try and bring it back?

About 0.001% percent of all Wii gamers actually know what Stonekeep is. About 0.000000000001% will buy this game. For some reason, I have a Wii at home (I don't own a single Wii game, only Virtual Console games :lol:), so I'll be keeping my eyes open. Unless I sell my Wii before it comes out. Hell, I'm putting it on eBay right now!

Are they serious? Should be an interesting experiment if nothing else….
Yeah ... interesting is definitely the word. I have a Wii Points card and might grab it just for that.
About 0.001% percent of all Wii gamers actually know what Stonekeep is. About 0.000000000001% will buy this game.

0.001% ... I would put that as the number of PC gamers who know about it! :D

For some reason, I have a Wii at home (I don't own a single Wii game, only Virtual Console games :lol:), so I'll be keeping my eyes open. Unless I sell my Wii before it comes out. Hell, I'm putting it on eBay right now!

I like the Wii. There's not a lot of games that stand out, but the same thing can be said about the Xbox and PS3 as well. There's definitely a few gems though, and the Gamecube compatibility is a big plus. Of course the PC will always be king to me.

I have never understood why this game was popular. I remember running out and buying it after purchasing my first PC because it was the only new RPG out at the time. I finished it, but thinking back on it the game was just not much fun to me. Part of it was the bad models for the monsters, the voice acting.

It might be fun if they make it so that you swing the wii remote to fight. You would need the nunchuk because you were able to fight with both hands.

I have never understood why this game was popular. I remember running out and buying it after purchasing my first PC because it was the only new RPG out at the time. I finished it, but thinking back on it the game was just not much fun to me. Part of it was the bad models for the monsters, the voice acting.
Actually Anvil of Dawn was released at the same time and it is far superior to Stonekeep imho. ;)

How odd, stonekeep was pretty shit. Still, they're not likely to end up with another lawsuit from resurrecting the IP.

I quite enjoyed Stonekeep on the PC back in the day. I downloaded it from GOG late last year when it was cheap and I cant get into it. Same as Star Trail for that matter. They seem harder today than they did back then.

Dont know if I'd play/buy it for the Wii.

Back
Top Bottom