Divinity 2 Unexplainable lag in divinity 2

sabb

Traveler
First off, yes I looked around forums and couldn't find an answer. For some reason my fps never raises above 20 with an average fps of 15 no matter what settings or resolution I use. Even in the menu there is a constant lag. This is the steam version of divinity 2 completely updated and the bak.phyxcore.dll trick from mirrors edge attempted. Tried reinstalling and defraging the game in steam.
Rig:
GTX470 with GTX465 for Physx (tried with the gtx465 removed as well)
Phenom ii x4 940 O.Ced @ 3.7 (tried at standard clock of 3.0 as well)
8GB OCZ fatality 1066 RAM
1TB WD black edition HD
MSI k9a2 platinum rev2 mobo
850W Antec PSU
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

The game has a habit of not performing greatly. At first I wasn't having too many troubles, but by the end of the game I was having to quit and reload every hour because the performance got that bad.

My honest advice is to wait until the next patch comes out, which should be late October or early November. It basically overhauls the engine, and I would wager that your problem would, at the very least, be alleviated by it.

Thanks

Appreciate the advise. Will wait for the next patch to be released. At least they're acknowledging there is an issue with the product.

The intermediate version of the patch (included on the German FoV DVD) already speeds things up quite a bit and polishes the game significantly.

The lag in the late game is still there though. Just less.

I'm also having performance problems with DKS. Which would be the latest patch? the version of my game would appear to be 1.4.9.29.

Try putting shadows one point below max, worked for me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom