Shadowrun Returns - Post-Funding Update #69

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
In the latest post-funding update for Shadowrun Returns developer Harebrained Schemes talks about a new patch.

Shadowrun Returns Version 1.1.1 Released - Includes French, Spanish and Italian!

Happy Holidays!

As we head toward the release of Shadowrun: Dragonfall at the end of January, we also continue to improve on, add features to, and fix bugs in Shadowrun Returns and the SR Editor.

Since our last update we’ve fixed lots of bugs but the most notable addition in Version 1.1.1 is that French, Italian and Spanish language options are now available. We are (anxiously) awaiting the German and Russian files back from the company doing those translations for us so that we can finish our localization work and make it available to German and Russian speakers.

Version 1.1.1 also contains more of the new Editor features we’ve been using to create Shadowrun: Dragonfall so you can use them too. These include a revamped Thermometer to display more detailed scene performance metrics, a Get Count of Alive Actors data function trigger and a new Display Popup with image and caption. There are quite a few more as well.

You can check out a list of the bug fixes, features and additions on the New Releases page of the Shadowrun Returns wiki.

SNES Reboot

We want to give a heads up to all the SNES Shadowrun fans out there! JR Riedel and his team are creating a reboot of the SNES Shadowrun game using the Shadowrun Returns Editor. A Joystiq article about this effort just came out today and we can’t wait to play it ourselves!

And Finally...

It’s been a hell of a year here and none of it would be possible without the continued support of our amazing Kickstarter Backers. THE YEAR OF SHADOWRUN has been fun and exciting and heartwarming and very, very challenging and we deeply appreciative of the opportunity to make Shadowrun Returns for you.

From Jordan, Mitch, and everyone at Harebrained Schemes, we wish you a very happy holiday season!

See you in 2014!

And remember - “Never trust a dead man.”

HBS
More information.

It keeps bothering me immensely since day one that they're calling it an SNES reboot. That's not what it is. It's a remake, teapotfreakingdammit.

It keeps bothering me immensely since day one that they're calling it an SNES reboot. That's not what it is. It's a remake, teapotfreakingdammit.

From their (the people making the reboot/remake) own page:

"Current plans call for this to be more of a “reboot” than a strict remake. We are going to copy the existing NPCs, plots, dialogues to the best of our ability, but we aren’t going to completely emulate the keyword mechanic."

What I don't get is why anyone would WANT to remake the SNES game? A remake of the Sega Genesis game I could understand, but the SNES game...?

I fondly remember the SNES game. I never owned a Genesis. That might be part of why - fans who didn't own Genesis's to compare, or just ones who loved the SNES one regardless?

The SNES game is one of my all times favourites! It's because of that I backed the new one!

Daniel.

Same for me, I loved the SNES version as a kid and never had a Genesis so I still have no idea what that version is like. I'm very much looking forward to playing the old version again with and without the new tweaks.

Back
Top Bottom