Neverwinter - Preview @ IGN

Dhruin

SasqWatch
I don't intend to follow Neverwinter but IGN has a preview and video, which might be worth a look if you want to see what happened with the MMO conversion following the sale of Cryptic to Perfect World:
All the powers come together to make combat that plays out more akin to an action-RPG like Kingdoms of Amalur or ArenaNet's upcoming Guild Wars 2. The rogue might start a fight against multiple enemies with by coming out of stealth with an Encounter ability, then switch up to their At-Will powers to get in some extra damage. Just as the enemy brings their sword down the rogue then uses their Utility power to roll away, perhaps finishing off the fight with their Daily, which quickly teleports them from target to target, dealing massive damage to each. Fights in Neverwinter are far more exciting than, say, World of Warcraft, and pay enough homage to D&D to (hopefully) hook its fans. Additionally you only ever have to worry about seven abilities at a time, making Neverwinter much more approachable than other MMOs.
More information.

I have absolutely no idea what this means.

Sounds like it means they're making an action oriented RPG. Obviously D&D gamers have been clamoring for an action-MMO with D&D paint for decades.

Not quite sure what he was trying to say but after reading that i suddenly feel like kicking something cute and cuddly.

I don't like it. A gameplay trailer that's mostly cutscenes turned me off too

Oh well, there is still D&D online

This looks absolutly horrible. Animation is bad ,art design sloppy,it brings nothing new to the table. Why are they making it when they already half assed the production. They continue to spit on D and D.

This looks absolutly horrible. Animation is bad ,art design sloppy,it brings nothing new to the table. Why are they making it when they already half assed the production. They continue to spit on D and D.

There hoping those that loved the original games will buy and play just by banking on the name. I had minimal interest when they said it was a co-op online rpg and now have none since its a full mmo now.

Actually the South Park rpg will probably come out since Obsidian did release a Sonic rpg.

They keep making terrible games with the dnd license.

If I didn't know better I would think there was a conspiracy to abolish crpg dnd games altogether.

I do know better......Don't I?

Actually, I think there was. I seem to recall reading that Hasbro/Execs at WotC/Someone crazy decided that CRPGs competed too strongly with tabletop RPG gaming and that's why they stopped licensing D&D games for a few years. Their plan was to lure people in using D&D Insider and get everyone playing D&D online with a virtual tabletop app that they pay a subscription fee for. Needless to say, it was a bad decision. That's why there was no 4E D&D games for a while. Eventually, it appears they changed their mind and since that Facebook game and Daggerdale were shovelware ready to go, so we got 'em. This crappy Neverwinter is part of that same first push.

MMORPG have a 8 minute video with dev commentary and gameplay.

It really looks like an action RPG, which mean it's not that much different from DDO...just more "flashy".

Great, another also ran MMO that's contradictory to the fan base of the IP. This will sell like hotcakes!

I'll never figure out these big companies. Willing to dump millions to develop junk like this but refuse to spend 1/4 of the money to make a good true to form sequel to a game like the original NWN. That I'd buy, this I'll never bother to look at again.

Great, another also ran MMO that's contradictory to the fan base of the IP. This will sell like hotcakes!

I'll never figure out these big companies. Willing to dump millions to develop junk like this but refuse to spend 1/4 of the money to make a good true to form sequel to a game like the original NWN. That I'd buy, this I'll never bother to look at again.

Remakes that ruin the classics and and game designs that make no sense. I seriously do want to know how they come to these decisions myself.

Back
Top Bottom