Gothic 3 Increasing creature draw distance

wiretripped

Machiavellian
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Hello,

I recently picked up my G3 playthrough (with CP 1.73), and one thing that's annoying me is that creatures/monsters/humanoids tend to "pop" into (or out of) view suddenly...
I'd just like it to be a little further... It's like, now you see the creature, then pop! It's gone. Even though you can still see trees or other stuff perfectly that are further away than where it "vanished". Also, I actually see the creature's shadow still, even though the creature itself has already disappeared.

Can anyone point me to the correct settings to modify in my .ini to amend this, so I can see them from further away?

Thanks!

Hello,
I recently picked up my G3 playthrough (with CP 1.73), and one thing that's annoying me is that creatures/monsters/humanoids tend to "pop" into (or out of) view suddenly…

First of all, why cp 1.73? there was 1.74 and now the 'official' 1.75 so I would recommend getting the latest patch.

I have come across this and lowered the texture details level and it helped a bit. What I remember is that they don't 'pop up', but creatures 'materialise' as you get closer, and by closer I mean a whole lot of distance such that they will not detect you or see you so it was not a problem at all (to me at least!).

First of all, why cp 1.73? there was 1.74 and now the 'official' 1.75 so I would recommend getting the latest patch.

Well, back when I started that was the most recent patch, so… I picked up those older saves because I didn't want to lose my progress. Since I don't think CP 1.73 saves are compatible with CP 1.75, I didn't upgrade.

I have come across this and lowered the texture details level and it helped a bit. What I remember is that they don't 'pop up', but creatures 'materialise' as you get closer, and by closer I mean a whole lot of distance such that they will not detect you or see you so it was not a problem at all (to me at least!).

Well, yes, "popping up", "materialising", isn't that the same thing? :)
Anyhow, it's not really the "popping" that is the issue, it's the distance at which it happens. I'd like it to be further away.
Sorry if that was not clear from my original post.

Hm, found the following post. I wonder how relevant those settings still are… ?
Anyone tried them?

So, for what I want to achieve, I just have to increase the "Entity.ROI" ini property?

Back
Top Bottom