Age of Decadence - Improvements

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Pladio spotted that Age of Decadence still getting a lot of improvements:

Modding Support & Font Size

Now that we're done with the content and mechanics we can look into various non-critical improvements. Modding support and a larger font size were two most frequently requested features so let's start there and see what happens.

Modding

What's done?

• you can modify all scripts permanently or by copy-pasting modified files into mods\ folder
  • mod files are isolated and don't require overwriting game files;
  • individual mods can be enabled/disabled, mods can be loaded by categories (requires manual text file editing right now)
  • the mods will override any scripted functionality: combat formulas, scripted events, AI functions, etc. I.e. everything that is in *.cs files
  • theoretically you can override GUIs too, but we haven't tried yet.
What can be added:

• loading new or overriding existing dialogues from mod folder
  • adding or modifying items (weapons, armor, etc) but not adding new in-game models
  • adding "Mods" tab to options menu, so players can enable / disable mods with GUI (this would take some time);
  • adding Steam Workshop support to share/download mods
  • overriding resource files - models, textures, sounds, etc. Torque (the engine) doesn't support it but we can probably tweak low-level Torque's resource loader to query module manager, which is a relatively big task, so we'll do it only if there's enough interest and not because there are no katanas in the game)
Improvements

• You can finally increase the font size.
  • Tweaked several fights to acomodate DR mechanics better.
  • Updated item descriptions with 'how to use' hints from DR.
  • Improved interaction with Maadoran merchants, including camera and visual preview of the special items.
  • Added special and scoped crossbows schematics to the 'ranged' trader in Maadoran.
  • Added an option to fast travel back to Glabrio after the fight in TG7.
  • You can buy the stone amulet from the old man near the Abyss.
  • Added the courtesan portrait in TG6.
  • Minor fixes and improvements in the Mountain Monastery.
  • Added a hotkey to Wait command (T).
  • Changed the hotkey for camera center to (V) and button in the bottom right corner.
Balance Changes

• Changed axes' passive to higher critical strike damage.
  • Increased the SP cost to 5-10-10-20-20-30-30-35-40, increased the SP rewards.
  • Lowered the poison effect to 3-4-5-6-7 from 3-5-7-9-11.
  • Increased the potent poison's modifier to 4 from 2.
  • Tweaked Zagros armor and helmet stats.
  • Added more gold to the arena vendor.
  • Reduced bleeding from whirlwind to 3 from 4.
Fixes

• When you break the siege using the airship you can no longer ask Carrinas for help or have any issues in the TG questline.
  • Fixed issues with Daratan Liegeman and other ranks.
  • Fixed duplicated weapons in Shorty's inventory.
  • Fixed restorative liniment appearing as healing salve (strong).
  • Fixed acid's HP damage.
  • Fixed extra combat SP in any Maadoran combat after fighting the gate thugs with the mercenary.
  • Fixed the font size in the belt slots.
  • Fixed floor collision in the tower elevator.
  • Fixed the missing gold and weight text in alchemy screen.
  • Fixed TG and AG ambushes not triggering correctly.
Any questions, just ask.
More information.

Played one of the alphas a long time and have the game sitting in my library. At least now I have an excuse for not having played it yet. It is still updated!

Yup Steam patched the game on my side earlier today, as usual, I'm suggesting AAA dev studios to start doing what indies do, it's nothing much when you think about it, but it earns respect and tell us you love "the baby".

Played one of the alphas a long time and have the game sitting in my library. At least now I have an excuse for not having played it yet. It is still updated!

The update is minor, mostly slight balancing and tweaks...
Play now!
:p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoa I thought the final update was behind us?

Nice to see further support.

Font sizeeeee! Yeeeeeaaaaah! (obligatory The Who tune humming)

Now I can play the game on my television! (really: I have no PC monitor at home, all PC gaming is done on Da Big Screen)

Crossing fingers it will never stop be updated so I won't feel forced to try it again.

Back
Top Bottom