Rise of Mooncrest - On Kickstarter 23rd May

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Rise of Mooncrest is a strategy/rpg game being developed by KnightMajors Workshop. The game has been listed on Steam Greenlight in advance of a Kickstarter campaign which is due to start May 23rd. As is usual now the game has a demo ready to try.

Game Overview

The Rise of Mooncrest (RoM) is a TRPG inspired by the long running Japanese series Langrisser (the first game was translated and released on Sega Genesis as Warsong). RoM draws on the storytelling elements of modern TRPGs to deliver a rich narrative that follows the early history of Mooncrest and the city's rise to prominence.

The Commanders (yellow units) play an important role on the field of battle. While tactically the most import unit in your army, they are also characters that lead Mooncrest's troops to war. Their interaction with other Commanders, their troops, and a varied cast of characters is what drives the narrative of RoM.

In total, there are 6 Commanders that players will get to control. Players begin the game with Serise who is a natural, but reluctant leader. Your second squad is commanded by Kerbasi, her childhood friend and an excellent tactician. On a routine mission they spot a foreign raiding party and discover that these scouts are part of a much larger invading force. Our heroes spring into action and attempt to warn the Council, but will they arrive before it's too late?

The Rise of Mooncrest is separated into different stages. These stages play through the major events of the story: reconnaissance, daring rescues, skirmishes, defense, and liberation. Some stages offer just a single massive battle while others develop over time through a series of related events.

The time for parlay has passed and each stage is a conflict between the ragtag forces of Mooncrest and their would be overlords. Victory can not be achieved without loss, and every battle turns into a war of attrition. For the cunning Commander, the key to success is to leverage your forces tactical advantages.
[...]
More information.

Players begin the game with Serise who is a natural, but reluctant leader. Your second squad is commanded by Kerbasi, her childhood friend and an excellent tactician.
Add "and romantic interest" and I'm buying.
Not.

The greenlight presentation left me in "meh" state. Will check ambitions on KS project. Only if the final version isn't supposed to be checkers with NPCs on stillscreens, count me in.

I wonder if this is related to the Mooncrest RPG that failed miserably on kickstarter a few years back.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...bioware-devs-fuse-story-and-tacti/description
Yes, that's the very same one.

Don't judge on the quality of the game pieces just yet. Apparently they are temporary.

Meaning they will be replaced with actual character sprites or just "higher quality" symbols?

Back
Top Bottom