Card Hunter - A New Brower Based D&D Game

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Card Hunter is what you would get it you took the tabletop game turned it electronic, and added cards to it. The game is F2P so it wont hurt you to try it as it's available now from Blue Manchu.

More information.

This is a excellent little board/card game. Very addictive.

Check it out if you have time.

It's a curious choice to represent a fantasy video game using a board game metaphor with cardboard cut-out figures. I suppose that simplifies the graphics somewhat.

The video displayed the card play much too rapidly for me to follow clearly. Guess I'm showing my age...

It's a board game on computers. I don't think it will interest all of you, especially those with short attention spans. I think some will like it though, it is turn based and not fast at all.

This game is something amazing, for any person that likes old school pen&paper games. Imagine D&D Chainmail and Magic the gathering have love child that is born in Gary Gaygax basement :D

Should I say the game is also turn based ? And looks like old 80's D&D module ?

To bad there is 17 minutes queue to log in ...

Heh, I'm playing it right now...weird about the que heh.

blooming log in queues :p Don't like them for single player games...

Things like this and Talisman would actually be great to play when you're stuck without internet access for a while and most of your other games don't work. Oh well.

I played it a bit, didn't see any queue. Very enjoyable and at least the first 3 levels (tutorial + 2 full adventures) I didn't feel I needed to "pay to win", but I'm guessing if multiplayer is 'competitive' it could be an issue there, though I would think multiplayer would be cooperative? (never accessed the option as I'm not interested in multiplayer, just curious)

I've not tried it, but it's competitive PvP arena type stuff I think. Would be great to have some multiplayer campaigns at some point.

Back
Top Bottom