Elder Scrolls Online - Interview @ Ausgamers

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Creative Director Paul Sage was interviewed on Ausgamers to talk about future game updates, and the upcoming Craglorn content update.

AusGamers: Craglorn content is already accessible on the public test server, so why the hesitation to announce a release date?

Paul Sage: We want to put it out when we feel it is done. We are getting the balance tweaked on it and getting the known bugs fixed. It is looking like, at the time of this interview, it will be released this week.

AusGamers: More than just new content, Craglorn is being rolled out as part of a patch that will also implement a swathe of balance changes across the classes. Is there a technical reason such changes have been coupled to the content release?

Paul: Not so much technical as logical. After going live and even in the last days of Beta, we were still getting a lot of data about classes and how each performs. So we want to make sure to tie all of these together. Obviously, pushing any changes with a major update is a good thing. Having fewer updates is better for keeping the service up and people playing.
More information.

Good God what the hell is the size of this patch? About 8 gig? Ten gigs?

I heard they severely nerfed one of the classes- I can't say which because I am still waiting here in the country, slow download and all, for the stupid patch to finish

Good God what the hell is the size of this patch? About 8 gig? Ten gigs?

Yep. After about 3 weeks of ignoring this game, I wanted to play it yesterday. Instead, I played Diablo 3 while ESO patched for nearly 7 hours.

Came back at one point and the patcher was just sitting there doing nothing asking if I wanted to 'repair' the game. Good god, if I already told the patcher to patch the game, why doesn't it just go ahead and repair it if there's a problem… why ask me if I want to repair the game if I can't play the game unless it's 'repaired' AND I already told it to patch? Frustrating.

The patch was about 2,8 GB, which is massive. Still, it contained a ton of changes + a new zone + the first raid of the game.

I'm still waiting for the EU migration, if it ever comes...

Back
Top Bottom