Sam & Max: Season 1

I bought it for my mom for Christmas. So far she loves it. I'll try it out later. Too many games on my plate right now.

The humor got old as soon as Max opened his mouth for the first time, and it just keeps repeating itself after that, though the characters aren't without their charm. Otherwise, it's not bad. A bit easy, quite a bit of lateral thinking required and a storyline that is amusing enough to follow.

I'm currently playing the demo of it ("Abe Lincoln must die !"), and I have the feeling as if my mind is not weird enough for their riddles. ;)

I like it, nevertheless. :)

This is our previous thread on it

http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1856

It includes links to the reviews on Gamerdad.

I loved it, even if it was a little more silly than the first one. 3D made the game a little awkward to design I think although Episode 5 Reality 2.0? really went to town with it. That episode was a very high mark in terms of concept. I kept laughing my head off at the blend of old and new ideas.

Kaziklu, if you quit playing it, try that one at least.

I found the game for $25 at Circuit City and of course a subscription to Gametap will get you all the titles. It was its killer app.

Actually, I managed to play through episodes 1-4 and got so far as entering the internet in episode 5. I'll probably finish it and episode 6 some day.

Yeah - I was going to re-link my review ... I think it is flipping brilliant.

Oh - and Season 2 rocks as well. I'm playing the second episode now (out next week) and ... wow.

w00t - Season Two and I'm off school!

*kicks door down*

Y'now, I'd always wanted to port that dog in a suit and that rabbit thingy to a NWN hak...

Not many developers out there that as a thankyou to all the Downloaders of it's product that they make up and give for free a DVD with all the games you downloaded plus extra content (U just had to pay the postage) when I get around to it I'll be getting season 2 as well :)

The game is being sold boxed here, in Germany.

Bone as well.

I just finished Season 1, and loved it. A bit on the easy side (that's mostly because each episode wasn't very large, though), but brilliant and hilarious. It's so much better than, say, the Ankh games.

I can't wait for season 2. Well, actually, I'll wait for the inevitable boxed version of the complete season...

Who here hasn't played the original from Lucas Arts?

Also, I wonder if a copy of Freelance Police has ever been smuggled out?

Yep, yep, yep ... more awesome sweetness! I need to finish up and review it this week!

When you get to the junk pile on Easter Island clicking it a few times reveals Sam saying he found a beta copy of S&M: Freelance Police.

Yes, I LOOOVE Sam & Max Season 1 and 2 so far. | also played and finished Hit the Road years ago, so I think they managed to pull that same atmosphere off in a way. It's not the same as a full-length, as the episodic format does have its effect (for better or worse), but the quality is... so good. The voice acting, dialogue and music are better than anything I can point a stick at at the moment!

In Sam and Max Hit the Road was there ever any payoff for playing leapfrog over the road signs at 70 mph?

Not that I knew of.

Very nice. :) Fits in there well, imho. :)
I mean the characters. ;)

Back
Top Bottom