Lost Eidolons - Announced

Hey all, I made a forum account so I could answer questions about the game (please feel free to ask anything). I'm one of the people working on the game and also the community lead, whose blog intro was quoted earlier in this thread.

To the discussion previous in this thread, while it's true much of our team is based Korea, many of us (including myself) are based in the US, California. We've worked on a lot of games developed in Korea in the past, but with Ocean Drive Studio we looked to put that behind us and work on games for a western audience first. This includes things like voice acting and localization.

Our game isn't quite inspired by FFT. We just happened to be fans of the game growing up. If anything it's much more inspired by the Fire Emblem series, with some taste acquired from other games from the genre, but perhaps more subdued.

Looks pretty good, to me. I'd like to see a video that contains some dialogue, not just dramatic music. I'd like to get a sense of how well written and performed it is, if narrative is a significant part of the game.

@Saintone; - Welcome to RPGWatch!

Thanks!

Looks pretty good, to me. I'd like to see a video that contains some dialogue, not just dramatic music. I'd like to get a sense of how well written and performed it is, if narrative is a significant part of the game.

The reason there wasn't any dialogue audio in the trailer is because... we haven't contracted the voice actors yet, haha. At the moment the script is just read by Microsoft Sam/Mary internally as a placeholder.

Fair enough. I do like honest devs!

Thanks!

The reason there wasn't any dialogue audio in the trailer is because… we haven't contracted the voice actors yet, haha. At the moment the script is just read by Microsoft Sam/Mary internally as a placeholder.

That could be quite comical to show actually and April 1st is around the corner you know. ;-)

Well if the game is inspired by Fire Emblem that is music to my ears. Need to see how it actually plays out, of course, so I'll keep an eye on it towards its release.

I do enjoy the tactics and combat of the Fire Emblem series, I didn't care for the fragile weapons and some of the other decisions that went into the game. I'll be curious to see exactly what this one will look like.

The game is currently under development, but we have a few blogs upcoming covering things like the story, combat, outgame (what you're doing when not in combat), and unit customization in the next couple weeks.

What are some of the things y'all are curious about? If it's stuff that we didn't already plan on including, then if we can share details and screenshots we'd love to.

A couple of things that I would love to know for example is if there is a main character, and if he/she is preset or can be customised.

If there is a main character, are secondary characters preset/scripted, or is there room for creating/recruiting your own customisable units?

And another thing that interests me a lot is, are there choices to make that change the story, or is it more like a film that plays scenes in a sequence and you get to play the battles in between? How much control of the story do you have as a player?

A couple of things that I would love to know for example is if there is a main character, and if he/she is preset or can be customised.

If there is a main character, are secondary characters preset/scripted, or is there room for creating/recruiting your own customisable units?

And another thing that interests me a lot is, are there choices to make that change the story, or is it more like a film that plays scenes in a sequence and you get to play the battles in between? How much control of the story do you have as a player?
All of the units in Lost Eidolons are preset with their own story that fits into the game's greater narrative, including the protagonist. We elected to create a tightly-written story in lieu of providing player choice. We went through the process of figuring out if we'd be able to give players the satisfaction that their choices in the story had an notable effect on the greater outcome, and decided that we wouldn't be able to tell the story the way that we'd want to if we did this. The last thing we wanted to do was give an illusion of choice only for the story to proceed the same exact way in whichever route the decision took it.

As far as unit customization goes, it's all through gameplay and not through story. Things like their class choice, equipment, and so on.

Back
Top Bottom