Owlcat Owlcat Games New TB ScFi RPG?

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Seems Owlcat Games might be developing a TB ScFi RPG?

According to a Tweet in Russian they are hiring a Lead / Senior 3D Environment Artist.

Link - https://twitter.com/vibe_crc/status/1287334684641366016
Translation: "Owlcat Games (the creators of Pathfinder: Kingmaker and Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous) are looking for a Lead / Senior 3D Environment Artist for a new unannounced project (a turn-based CRPG in SciFi setting)."
Some speculate a Starfinder CRPG.

I don't know what Starfinder is but I'm 100% in for a new sci fi RPG from Owlcat!

Bring it!!

I was somewhat disappointed with this news since I prefer fantasy over sci-fi and RTwP over TB but I guess Owlcat need to branch out.

My guess is:
Pathfinder module with sci-fi setting mixed in > Starfinder > original IP > another settings like Warhammer etc.

I was somewhat disappointed with this news since I prefer fantasy over sci-fi and RTwP over TB but I guess Owlcat need to branch out.
Yeah I prefer RTwP myself but I can stomach TB if I have to. Just hope it's not the slow type of combat that drags on like the Original Sin games. Time will tell I guess.
My guess is Pathfinder module with sci-fi setting mixed in > Starfinder > original IP > another settings like Warhammer etc.
They already have the engine just need new assets and a new rule set implementation. We probably wont hear about this game till Wrath of the Righteous is finished.

Just hope it's not the slow type of combat that drags on like the Original Sin games.

Me too.

They already have the engine just need new assets and a new rule set implementation. We probably wont hear about this game till Wrath of the Righteous is finished.

I'd rather not hear about the new game until WotR is released :) I'm loving alpha and won't stop poking them until the full version is out! (Still waiting on updated alpha/alpha 2)

Hope it works out for them! Not as big into SF and definitely not into TB.

Note to the the poster from the other thread that says all we RPGWatch folks do is complain and rant on games. I am not coming down on the game as a complaint or a rant. I simply am not as big on SF games and I do not like TB games at all.

Well I do like TB just as every other combat system - when is properly done to be fun instead of being QTE or a job.
I also love SF.

But I have to complain and rant because they're expanding portfolio without finishing the Kingmaker2 development first! :D

For me, Owlcat is currently king-of-the-hill of cRPG development. Im looking forward to anything they are working on. And as Im fan of Sci-Fi setting and as well as TB combat, this would be great news for me.

Just a quick update if you follow Twitter Owlcat admitted they will share more info after Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is released next year. Possibly another Kickstarter.

Just a quick update if you follow Twitter Owlcat admitted they will share more info after Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is released next year. Possibly another Kickstarter.

Thanks - looking forward to seeing what they have planned.

Thanks - looking forward to seeing what they have planned.
Some sad news though it might not be Starfinder either as games workshop might be involved as an investor. So it might be a Warhammer RPG that I always wanted to play.

Take this with a grain of salt though nothing contrite just various Twitter posts.

Ok thanks. Personally I hope they don't go with Warhammer, but I'll keep an open mind!

I'm hoping it will be another Pathfinder module with sci-fi mixed in it :D

I'm hoping it will be another Pathfinder module with sci-fi mixed in it :D
Let me guess a mysterious object fell from the sky and weird monsters keep attacking the kingdom again. Well it might work as I remember a similar game in the past.

I'm kidding as I can think of a few more different scenarios to make that happen.:)

IMO this is awsome news or should I say announcement of an announcement. :)
Because it tells us they're concentrated on Kingmaker2 instead of baking two cakes at the same time and delivering none.

IMO this is awsome news or should I say announcement of an announcement. :)
Because it tells us they're concentrated on Kingmaker2 instead of baking two cakes at the same time and delivering none.
Well I'll take a guess that most of their resources are going to finishing Wrath of the Righteous, but a small group is probably doing pre-production of the unnamed RPG.

a small group is probably doing pre-production of the unnamed RPG.
Preparing a kickstarter campaign, traveling where they can due to corona to get more funds, poaching workforce EA/Blizzard etc sacked... Hopefully. :D

Back
Top Bottom