Risen 2 - Treasure Isle and Pirate's Clothes DLCs for Sale

Hmm... not entirely liking how Firearms and Voodoo are both tied to plot choices. I'm already using and spent a lot of glory on firearms and am not liking that my faction choices might render that all pointless; would rather just not learn voodoo.

And I spent no point on firearms so I went voodoo path - and so far I like it. Stealing the ship has some nice chitchat involved while in voodoo business, I really laughed there.
I haven't played it yet, but it is sounding like a pretty average game…dissapointing after the first one. I guess I will wait and see when I get it.
If you want to play an average pirate game, grab Sea Dogs. Or it's spin-offs, doesn't matter. Now that's something I'd call average although I love all of them (except the bugfest inside). Risen 2 is above average. Disappointing? To whom? Sorry, but in my case I got even more than I've expected. And since I'm not working today and tomorrow, I'm playing it all the time, can't remember when was the last time I've been so hooked on a game that I can't leave my PC alone. Um… Yea, I remember, last such game was The Witcher 2. Even Skyrim and ME3 didn't do this to me. And you say this is an average game… Yea. Right.

Last edited:
And I spent no point on firearms so I went voodoo path - and so far I like it. Stealing the ship has some nice chitchat involved while in voodoo business, I really laughed there.

If you want to play an average pirate game, grab Sea Dogs. Or it's spin-offs, doesn't matter. Now that's something I'd call average although I love all of them (except the bugfest inside). Risen 2 is above average. Disappointing? To whom? Sorry, but in my case I got even more than I've expected. And since I'm not working today and tomorrow, I'm playing it all the time, can't remember when was the last time I've been so hooked on a game that I can't leave my PC alone. Um… Yea, I remember, last such game was The Witcher 2. Even Skyrim and ME3 didn't do this to me. And you say this is an average game… Yea. Right.

Does the game actually make you stop using firearms if you side with them? I don't really care about Voodoo but I'd like to be able to not side with slave-traders without forgetting how to use guns.

Actually, I haven't played it. I am going of what I have read so far...reviews and such. No need to be so defensive, I do plan on buying it.

Siding with voodoo, honestly dunno about muskets as I don't have one at all, but I'm still efficiently using pistol(s) in fights. Although not a single point in it, it still does a nice additional damage. ;)
And I've saved the game prior to the decision so I can replay it with muskets without clearing whole 2 islands.

Back
Top Bottom