NWN2 - Patch 1.10 and "Reversioning"

Dhruin

SasqWatch
News from Rob McGinnis on the official NWN2 forums about some difficulty they are having with the different code versions in NWN2 and Mask of the Betrayer, hence, v1.07 will be renamed 1.10 and a further patch for vanilla NWN2 will follow after the release of MotB:
With the MoTB release imminent, we have been taking a look at the 1.07 patch and how it interacts with MoTB.

Many of you have seen already that we have been slowly bringing the code forks together now, so that the NWN2 patches are compatible with MoTB.

Patching the game is always a difficult process. When one thing is fixed, other things break. So, with that in mind we had to make a decision about how to handle the 1.07 patch with the MoTB release.

What we have decided is that, the 1.07 final patch will be "reversioned" to become 1.10. The 1.10 final patch will contain only data fixes from 1.07. It will not contain any programming fixes that are not already in 1.07. This means that some things, such as stealth, while they are fixed for us, may not be fixed in 1.10 for you. This is to make sure that when you have your copy of MoTB installed, the patch won't break it unnecessarily.

Now, for those of you that purchase and install MoTB, you should see all the fixes right away - including stealth - as they are "native" to that code. But for those of you that don't have MoTB, the fixes will be finalized in the patch after the MoTB release.

We apologize for any inconvenience, but feel this is the safest course of action for all players.
And some further clarification:
Basically, unless it is a data issue (2da or TLK files), things that are broken in the 1.07 patch will remain broken in 1.10. We will not remove features from 1.07.

Players that have MoTB installed should be able to play on NWN2 PW/MP servers, but NWN2 players will not be able to play on MoTB servers.

MoTB contains all the patches from 1.00 to 1.10. You can install MoTB on top of a fresh NWN2 install and it will bring you current.
Speaking of v1.07, WarCry has a list of the DM Client fixes in this last patch.
Thanks, Lucky Day!
More information.

Isn´t MotB already released?

Some places in Europe are reporting it released today

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=586736&forum=121&sp=30

(last post)

It won't be available in NA until Oct 9th.

This is the second oddity from Obsidian on this game. Normally companies like to push for 3rd Quarter releases even if its the last week. For the second time a NWN2 is being released into Quarter 4 in NA.

I would normally say this is a good thing (since it means the deadline isn't artificial and they can take the time to do it right) but then why the 3rd Quarter release in Europe?

I read (forget where but it was from Obsidian) that they pushed it out from Sept 28 to Oct 9th a little while ago for more time but actually ended up finishing early. By then, the US marketing was in place for Oct 9 but Europe was happy to go early.

Don't know how true this is, of course.

Maximus wrote this in his preview. Atari Europe thought they would need more time for localisation.

Patch is now available via auto-updater

The German version of the expansion shipped in Germany yesterday and the UK/Euro version today. It is indeed available over here.

Okay, then I was right. I had the box in my hand and was pretty sure it was the add-on.

I just patched my game yesterday, and it works fine.

Being able to select multiple characters is a lifesaver -- I can just have all of them stick together as a group and beat the poopy out of any passing monsters much more effectively than before.

I guess I'll go over to the store and grab it. Wont have time to play it until after christmas though.

Back
Top Bottom