South Park - Most Anticipated RPG @ OnlySP

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
OnlySP has a new article that calls South Park: The Stick of Truth one of the most
anticipated games of 2014.

South Park: The Stick of Truth is being developed for play on PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 but not for next generation consoles. It is being developed by Obsidian Studios who are well known for their experience with RPGs such as Fallout: New Vegas, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2, Neverwinter Nights 2, and Alpha Protocol. Parker and Stone have done their very best to keep Obsidian from straying from the game they want to see. Every level is designed so that it fits perfectly into the landscape of the South Park series while the controversial subject matter is present in all its vulgar awesomeness. In fact if you were to walk in on someone playing the game after it’s released you’d almost swear you were watching an extended interactive episode of the show.
More information.

Can't wait for it! when is the release date?
EDIT: March 4th

Don't care that much for South Park, so I might just get this at half price later. Besides, March is Dark Souls 2 month =)

Announcing South Park as their most anticipated RPG in 2014 (!) looks like OnlySP has some really weird standards. ;)

Yes it will require registering it on uPlay.

A lot of judgment here for a game that none of you have played. ;)
I don't like South Park and in consequence I'm not interested in a game based in that franchise, is simple as that. I'm not complaining about the quality of the game, only the setting

I can only guess that you're somehow trying to compare South Park to Hello Kitty. Good luck with that…

They're the same when it comes to my interest in them as the basis for an RPG.

See, I didn't even need luck to compare them :)

Seriously, my comparison was meant as a way to demonstrate how some of us feel about South Park.

I assume you don't enjoy Hello Kitty and you don't want to see an RPG about it, regardless of whether or not you've actually played it?

In fact, I'm going to go ahead and claim you'd call a Hello Kitty RPG by Obsidian a bad idea in a sober state of mind.

Get it? :)

YOU like South Park - and I hate it.

End of story.

South Park is perfect for an RPG, many really deep characters, lots of interesting factions etc. You can clearly tell M&T are RPG nerds.

I usually don't buy anything that isnt open world, but i'll make an exception for this..

I just hope it doesn't suck. I doubt I'll be paying full price for it either way (unless it somehow ends up awesome). It's got potential...if you like South Park, which I do.

An Archer game would be SO much better though. It'd be like comedy Alpha Protocol (and hopefully not partly broken).

I don't get the hate for uplay. I mean deciding to not buy a game based on that alone is just bizarre to me. I'm on dial-up and have had zero problems with uplay. AC3, FC3, even that Splinter Cell game that required it to be always connected to the internet gave me zero problems. It's a hell of alot less intrusive than Origin or even Steam. And once you activate your game(s) you can tell it to always start in offline mode so I just don't see the big deal. Now, if you buy your games through Steam only then uplay games have given major grief getting them running (same with rockstar games). Steam tends to not play nice with other platforms (Origin, Uplay, Rockstar Social).

Considering Watch Dogs will use Uplay it's a thing I'll get either way so no problem there. I will probably wait a little with Stick of Truth though..been paying some attention to it since it was announced but I'm not holding my breath for anything, just looks like some easy fun if anything.

There is also a bias against Obsidian from the usual suspects, which we should not take too seriously. I am more neutral on SoT now because of all the fart hyping. Will hold out for some player (not reviewer) feedback.

Back
Top Bottom