Richard Garriott - Returns to Gaming

Richard Garriott is a creative guy, I think anything he works on will be at least interesting..

He's a serial entrepreneur more than a game designer, it seems. The stuff that charges his engine is being where the latest developments are happening than refining something that's old.

Jordan Weisman is the same way.

I don't suppose it's possible there's any technology connection with the Lords of Ultima browser game, mmm? Portalarium->Lords of Ultima->Facebook.

Ah well, another day, another hit on the rotting equine.

Great, Farmville in Britannia, awesome… NOT!

Isn't that his point? Facebook is filled with games like Farmville. It's big money and Garriot can't compete straight up with their budgets just yet, but he can compete on quality by... *not* making Farmville Britannia. :)

We can only hope. :)

Stop teasing! :p

I stopped paying attention to what Garriott was doing quite some time ago. I also stopped paying attention to Jon Van Caneghem and various others. I just don't think they're going to make a brilliant comeback at some point - they've shown quite clearly that they are no longer interested in making RPGs anymore.

So what? Can't they do something else in their life?

Where did I say that? I simply said I no longer pay attention to what they do. I pay attention to RPGs and RPG developers. Just because someone made an RPG at some point in time doesn't mean I intend to study everything they ever do. :)

Back
Top Bottom