Deathspank - Updated Website, DeathSpam

Dhruin

SasqWatch
You've got to give them points for the term "DeathSpam". We received this PR announcing an updated website and the option to receive email updates:
Official DeathSpank website and DeathSpam launched.

Today DeathSpank announced, care of Hothead, the grand opening of his auspicious new fan club and "spanking" new website.

Hothead Games have forwarded the contents of a personal note written by DeathSpank himself, in which he expresses his wish for everyone to join in and sign up.

In the note, DeathSpank also reveals his reply address and plans for lots of DeathSpank updates through DeathSpam and the social media channels, twitter and facebook. And we mean lots.

The new website, www.deathspank.com is now live and will introduce you to the DeathSpank game and all other DeathSpank related announcements.

DeathSpank will be available for download beginning July 13, 2010 on the PlayStation Network for $14.99, and July 14, 2010 on Xbox LIVE Arcade for 1200 Microsoft Points. DeathSpank is rated “T” for teen by the ESRB. For more information on DeathSpank, please visit, www.deathspank.com.

(Contents of the personal note written by DeathSpank)

Greetings Citizen!

You clearly are a loyal supporter of justice and justice-related entertainment (I can see that from here), so prepare to be rewarded!

I, DeathSpank, am bringing the fight against evil to PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade this month, and to celebrate I am opening the doors to my minty-fresh website:

www.deathspank.com

Go now to www.deathspank.com to join the struggle against evil and boredom! Go early, go often! Go too often! Neglect your family and friends, madly hitting F5 hoping for additional website updates! Use mobile devices to stalk the website like a proud Justice hunter on an evil savannah.
Thrill at the mighty wallpapers, avatars and screenshots and sign up for DeathSpam email for even more updates! Be amazed by my incredible Facebook page!
http://www.facebook.com/deathspank

Be astounded by DeathSpank (@deathspank) tweets, promotions and up to the picosecond updates. The DeathSpank cast is tweeting too! Eubrick the Retired (@eubrick_retired) is tweeting pure crank while Lord Von Prong (@LordVonProng) tweets pure evil!

I mean just look at all those exclamation points and updates in that last paragraph! How can it not be exciting? It can’t not be definitely not be not exciting, that’s how.
Visit the website! Tell your friends! Tell your relatives! Tell complete strangers on the street that at last Justice is at hand! The Justice of DeathSpank! THIS is the moment when the internet finally becomes popular, and you’re going to be a part of it.

You can also call my ‘Hero Hotline’ at 1.866.631.1574 (toll free in North America) to have justice shoved right in your ear!)

Yours in Justice,
DeathSpank

Please send replies to @deathspank or deathspank@deathspank.com
More information.

Every one of my friends lost interest once the "no comment" approach to the PC question became the standard; and now I won't even consider playing until I can ensure that this is not a poorly done port (once it finally hits the PC, that is).

I don't understand why they aren't hyping it for PC -- seems like that would be a natural environment for it. But I'm a 360 gamer, so I'll be happy to download my version this Wednesday.

I hope it's a good experience. I am not a big loot whore, and I hope the action and humor will be enough to sustain me. Too bad there is no online co-op.

I don't understand why they aren't hyping it for PC — seems like that would be a natural environment for it.

It's very strange considering they often describe it as 'Monkey Island meets Diablo' and both of those were PC games.

I guess it's because that on the consols it will be quite unique, but on PC its just a small Diablo clone whit humor.

They have stated that there will be a PC version, but I guess that only happen if it's a hit ont the consols, if it get hammered on the consols, why waste time and money on a PC game.

from the dev:

We haven’t said that it won’t be coming to PC, we just haven’t announced that it will be coming to PC. We’re doing everything that we can to bring DeathSpank to as many people as possible, keep your eyes posted to our website/RSS/Tweets for updates. We don’t want to rush a port from console to PC… we want to make sure that if/when we do a PC version that it’s done properly and given the love and attention it deserves.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I'm sure that this was a PC title at some point. Up until this year it was listed primarily for the PC on most sites that covered it, only for it to mysteriously disappear.

but on PC its just a small Diablo clone whit humor.

Not that there are many games with humor at all ...

No humour :

- Gothic ? Check
- GTA ? Check
- COH ? Check
- Disciples III ? Check

No matter into which genre you look, everything's devoid of humour, but most of all the RTS genre.

If you want humour, you'll most likel find it in the Adventures games genre. And no-one buys them because they're oh so boring & action-less ...

The GTA series has humour, though it's not the focus of the games. They've begun taking themselves more seriously in the recent games, but they've still kept in things like the talk radio stations, radio adverts and larger-than-life characters.

I thought the Gothics had their moments too, mostly from the nameless hero being rude to NPCs, and vice versa.

Back
Top Bottom