Pricewatch!

Is FEAR 2 worth $10? I have 1 plus its expansions, already.

In my personal opinion, yes. I was initially very disappointed with the demo and forgot about F.E.A.R 2 for a while but later when the game went bargain bin I figured why the hell not since I actually wanted to find out how the story of Alma, Fettel and the Point Man goes on.
I was very pleasantly surprised by the full game. It provided a decent level of challenge, a good selection of weapons (and you still have to make a choice which ones to carry with you since there is still a limit), great art direction and visuals, fresh new gameplay elements via the mech sequences which turned out to be lots of fun, a well-paced story-driven narrative, and just generally a really nice, polished, high quality, AAA production value experience.
To my own surprise I ended up really liking the game and in retrospect I'd personally rate it only a notch lower than the original F.E.A.R.

hey thrasher both call of pripyat and bioshock 2 are both great games well worth the price and strangely they are heavy on the rpg elements;) which you could argue fallout is an rpg hevay on the shooter elements. so far apart though...

Europa Universalis 3 Chronicles (i.e. original + all 4 expansions) for $7.49 at Gamersgate. My favorite PC game of all time (sharing the spot with Heroes of Might & Magic 3, Quest for Glory, Wizardry 7, Everquest 1 and City of Heroes). Infinite replayability and just overall awesome game if you are at least a little bit interested in medieval history. An initially tough learning period (took me a 2nd try to get addicted to the game), but very rewarding.

Summer promo on GOG. 50% off on the Interplay catalogue, including Fallout 1+2, Freespace 1+2, ...

I grabbed Fallout Tactics myself.

I once again realized just how many games I own on Gog but haven't played ...

Do you think FEAR 2 + its DLC is worth $10?

Too late now, but yes it definitely is if you ask me. Lovely little shooter if you can resist expecting it to be a PC exclusive masterpiece like the original.

GOG sale is nice but I bought two games this paycheck already (Alice and Dungeon Siege 3). The sale lasts until July 4th though so I can maybe get some old Interplay games I never played on payday. I wonder if I could actually play Stonekeep.

Wow on GOG!

OK, Freespace 1+2, and Sacrifice are new for me.
Should I get them?

Do have a decent joystick? If so, then I would definitely recommend Freespace 2. I'd personally say that it's probably the best space-sim ever created. One word of warning if you don't have a joystick: I've heard that it's not very intuitive to play without a joystick (though I can't verify because I haven't tried it myself), but it's a great game if you do have one.

How about the the Descents? Classics not to be missed?

Think Doom, but in a small ship with complete 360 degree movement. Nothing really special though, imo.

I'm thinking of getting Stonekeep and Shogo. I've heard a lot of good things about Shogo, but I'm a little more hesitant about Stonekeep.

Descent 3 or Freespace 2 would be the only ones I think that could stand up today and then I'm not sure. Also I purchased the gog versions of Descent 3 and Freespace 2 a while ago and could not get either to work on my machine. They were classics at the time, I play many lan parties against my mates with that game but can probably be missed. Also second that you need a joystick to really enjoy them properly.

I did not find anything new of interest in the gog special but it was a pretty descent list.

If youre into the Dungeon Siege games, Steam has all of them in one massive Ds3 pre-order combo for 50$. I like this little trend of resellers giving you all the prior games when you buy the new one.

I actually really liked the first Dungeon Siege, but the demo for 2 was blah and part III looks awful

If youre into the Dungeon Siege games, Steam has all of them in one massive Ds3 pre-order combo for 50$. I like this little trend of resellers giving you all the prior games when you buy the new one.

I actually really liked the first Dungeon Siege, but the demo for 2 was blah and part III looks awful
Does anyone know if the the Ultima 6 mod works with this version? That might push me over the edge but probably not since I'm not a huge fan of action games like this.

Back
Top Bottom