What games are you playing now?

Silent Hunter 3 and Divine Divinity... The sewer system under the market is enormous, its becoming a bit of grind.

Haven't played anymore Azure Saga since yesterday, but it really started to get tougher. Some of those named battles are downright brutal, and quite satisfying when your team wins with very little health left! Possibly could be alleviated with some grinding, but I'm not one to do that unless it become completely necessary, which this hasn't, not yet.

Any feedback on them ?
I have played Slay the Spire

It's a fun little game that essentially combines card collecting with rogue lite.

Each game lasts approximately 3 hours but that is if you manage to get to the end.

I've beaten the game a couple of times and it's fun.

It's quite cheap so if you like ccg, and rogue games you may enjoy it.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Any feedback on them ?

Better than most full length titles already, and they're in early access. Especially Slay the Spire, but only because it's more feature-complete. I also recommend you pick up Space Tyrant, those three trump almost every completed title I own on Steam in terms of sheer enjoyment. Space Tyrant reminds me of the best parts of Master of Orion. Slay the Spire captures a mixture between dungeon crawling and deck drafting for your skills. Fort Triumph has a lot of potential for unscripted physics interactions, and synergetic plays--I enjoy it in much the same manner as I enjoy a Looking Glass game, even though this title is more X-Com meets Heroes of Might & Magic, and less first-person simulation. As I noted to the developer, the fun is in the systems, not in the submenus. All three have rogue-like factors, but they're relatively short games, and not punishing when you die (some things carry over.) I'd say they are all also incredibly well-balanced, and if this is early access, I can't wait to see the finished project.

I'm not getting much gaming time at the minute sadly, but what I get I'm throwing into Lords of Xulima. It's a great game with isometric exploration and turn-based first person party combat. The enemy creatures are varied and their animations are nicely done. I pretty much like the entire thing - the bit I like a little less is the need to repeatedly trigger random encounters to "clear" an area, but that's a minor grumble.

I saw Grimoire had another update yesterday. I'm getting itchy fingers to get stuck into that again with all the new improvements and see how it has progressed over the last year. I might fire it up after Lords of Xulima (which, at the current rate of progress, will be some time….)

That is a game I know I'm going to replay at some point soon, as Grimoire seemed to get a flurry of updates right after I finished with it. Haven't gotten to it as of yet, but thanks for the reminder!

Looks like I'll be hanging up on Azure Saga for now, I've seemed to hit an area that requires being able to see colours, and that's not something I excel at. Guess I'll wait for a patch or, failing that, try to get a refund. Too bad, I was really keen on finishing this, really was enjoying it up to this point.

Played some more God of War.

Combat is as satisfying as ever.
This Bioshock Infinite clone that perhaps should have been named Dad of Boy (credit for name goes to JS), actually has one positive thing IMO.
Patching:
https://kotaku.com/god-of-war-sure-has-been-getting-a-lot-of-patches-1825667289
God of War is a very good game that has been getting an unprecedented number of title updates. The PS4 exclusive launched on April 20 and in its first 11 days of release has been updated eight times.
Any new game from Bethesda being revealed at next E3?

Anyway, I'm not really playing anything now, no time except poking here and there, but those are short time intervals as if I was clicking Farmville for sakes of clicks which ain't a game.

I've never heard of that technology, but at a glance it wouldn't work for me. I wear glasses full time, and couldn't ever imagine shoving a piece of plastic in my eyeball, so those don't appear to be an option for me. Makes me wonder if that tech could be integrated into prescription lenses, something I'll have to look into at my next optometrist visit. I appreciate the good thought, though =)

I love black desert game, often play it online but with my vpn the game has some glitches. I decided to switch to Fineproxy proxy server. For now I have no problem with speed. The game is loading great.

Last edited:
Currently playing Kingdom Come Deliverance. It's a surprisingly fun game, I usually don't care for this type of game (flower-pickers like Gothic and Elex), but this one is just fun (and hilarious at times). People complained a lot about the lockpicking minigame but I have no issues with it (maybe because I'm playing with a controller and that makes it easier? not sure). My only problem is with combat. Archery really needs a crosshair (it's my character the one with 6 archery, not me). Also I hate that perk points in weapons just open 'combos', and I hate combos. I fear once the fun part is over and I actually have to fight enemies, I won't be able to continue as I suck at combat.

People complained a lot about the lockpicking minigame but I have no issues with it (maybe because I'm playing with a controller and that makes it easier? not sure).

It's mostly people with controllers who complained about the lockpicking minigame, it was made easier in a patch.

My only problem is with combat. Archery really needs a crosshair (it's my character the one with 6 archery, not me). Also I hate that perk points in weapons just open 'combos', and I hate combos. I fear once the fun part is over and I actually have to fight enemies, I won't be able to continue as I suck at combat.

Archery doesn't really work with a crosshair, the bow keep moving by itself a lot and the arrow doesn't fly straight (it gets better as you level up the skill though). You have to learn to align the hand/arrow tip vs target movement speed and distance. Aka lots of practice.

The weapon combos are rather useless, the only thing you need to master is the Master Strike which is unlocked by training with the captain.

ack; yet another game in my backlog. been meaning to replay dishonored and then play dishonored as well as last remnant. Hum - maybe i should stop playing games that would solve the issue.

I'm really struggling to play World of Final Fantasy. I want to like it, but I get the feeling to really excel at this game, I might have to do a lot of chasing and rebuilding back up for experience purposes, and I'm not sure that I'm enjoying the game enough to do all that. For now, I'm simply going to try to get through the actual plot and see what happens.

I finished fallout 3 but to be honest the more I think about it the more I think it just in general stunk. I just can't think anything about it that was compelling. The story premise was fine - and the journey was ok i guess but compared to some newer games I can't really think of any aspect that was good. Witcher 3 had much better story and farcry far superior combat. Oh well might finish brokensteel might not - started it and it is suppose to be short but kind of boring so far.

Back
Top Bottom