Touchscreen... anyone tried it or thought about it?

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.
Windows 7 claims to have support for touchscreens. I have pondered if that might be a good solution for me. I would love to have a monitor for displaying stuff while I am in a game, but if I could avoid a mouse and keyboard that would be nice. If anyone tried touchscreens for awhile I would be interested to know more, if it's easy and comfortable to use and if there are virtual keyboards available.

My problem is space. I have an L-shaped desktop in which my 22" is placed in the corner. Around it there's the tower (my main computer) to the left, then a scanner and a printer to the right. Now I also have a "portable computer", a heavy 8 kilo laptop with a 20" screen. I often use this one in the kitchen or in the bedroom, and when I use it for walkthroughs I have to place it on top of my scanner.

Thing is, below my tower to the left, is my second computer, that currently do not really have a screen connected. This computer hosts my webserver and takes care of all filetransfers going on. It's a very decent rig really, a 4800+, 2gb ram and a fanless Gainward 9500GT. I have been pondering if I couldn't connect a touchscreen to that one. that would save me the hassle of having an extra mouse, and if there are virtual keyboards available I might even be able to avoid a second keyboard on my desktop.

why don't you just get a switch? very easy and simple, switch your mouse/keyboard/screens between your computer cheap and easy, every computer nerd ought to have one, and you never need move any cables.

why don't you just get a switch? very easy and simple, switch your mouse/keyboard/screens between your computer cheap and easy, every computer nerd ought to have one, and you never need move any cables.

Because I play with my main computer and only want the other to read webpages. That means, that I use my main keyboard and my main mouse for whatever game I am in, only looking at the left once in awhile to read or watch. The only control I need is to be able to change page and scroll down when required.

Back
Top Bottom