Things you don't need to know...

I try to avoid reports from the weird English speaking, home of marsupials and crazy deadly animal hunters down under. OTOH, one might argue that its frequent appearance in a thread basically about nothing says something.

Anyhow, I LOVE trains (and travelling on them), so:

Silver Star Cafe, in Port Hedland, Australia (not pictured here), is housed in a railway carriage built in 1939 for a midwest American streamliner, the General Pershing Zephyr.

pibbur who as he has said before (hethinks), would like going to Australia if there also was a train going there. Sadly, due to some minor geographical inconveniences it very likely won't happen in his lifetime.

First: Pibbur is not afraid of flying, he just loves trains.

Second, Napoleon Bonaparte had great interest in geometry, but probably did not discover his own points.

pibbur who has been in Belgium several times and has drunk Kwak.

Accoring to Wikipedia: 1st SAS Brigade, a World War II military unit, never actually existed.

In other words: not real. Some kind of wrestling, methinks.

pibbur who wanted to say something about real numbers, but couldn't decide exactly what.

That some numbers have something in common with the name of a popular PC game ? ;)

pibbur who as he has said before (hethinks), would like going to Australia if there also was a train going there. Sadly, due to some minor geographical inconveniences it very likely won't happen in his lifetime.

I read in a newspaper that there were some (probably not very substantial) plans to build a high speed train service along the trans Sibirian railway. It would take around 35 years. Which means that I have to reach at least level 92 and remain in good health.

pibbur the elder

Duke Xiang, ruler of the ancient state of QI, had an incestuous relationship with his sister Wen Jiang and had her husband Duke Huan of Lu murdered.

Today QI is ruled by Stephen Fry who AFAIK hasn't killed anybody.

pibbur, master of general ignorance

PS. For some reason Wikipedia seems dedicated to Roy Liechtenstein these days. He gets as much attention as the (female) Ozzie Water polo team a few weaks ago. If there is a connection here, pibbur doesn't get it. DS.

YAPS: The words "female" and "feline" are very similar. YADS.

'i' am not a fan of real numbers!! :)

Seattle
  • first city in the US to play a Beatles song on the radio
  • the city where people buy more sunglasses per capita than in any other US city
  • the city where only Meg Ryan lost her sleep, Kim Basinger, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Julia Roberts chose not to
  • is at 12452 km from Sydney not in Australia, but there are Australians there, some of them labradoodles, but only 190 likes the Aussie in Seattle facebook page
  • is a sister city of Bergen, Norway (gåman!!), but not of Berlin and not of any Australian cities (unless New Zealand counts - insult probably unwise, but intended)

pibbur who doesn't like Facebook at all

Millennium's "Powers, Principalities, Thrones and Dominions" makes reference to Powers, Principalities, Thrones and Dominions.

OTOH Euripides' lost play Antigone differed from Sophocles' famous play Antigone in only three key respects. None of those mentioned above.

All according to Wikipedia.

pibbur who is pibbur

Den norske Melodi Grand Prix deltakeren, som endte på siste plass er ikke lei seg for det, men understreker at han er ferdig med Melodi Grand Prix på en stund. Men han gir (dessverre?) ikke opp musikken.

pibbur who chose to write the above in Norwegian, because it's something you REALLY don't need to know. Swedes and Danes and some Finns will understand it, but then again, they're used to a lot of BS (not B2S3, although it smells just as bad) coming from us and will probably (wisely) ignore it just by the sight of it anyway

Den norske Melodi Grand Prix deltakeren, som endte på siste plass er ikke lei seg for det, men understreker at han er ferdig med Melodi Grand Prix på en stund. Men han gir (dessverre?) ikke opp musikken.

pibbur who chose to write the above in Norwegian, because it's something you REALLY don't need to know. Swedes and Danes and some Finns will understand it, but then again, they're used to a lot of BS (not B2S3, although it smells just as bad) coming from us and will probably (wisely) ignore it just by the sight of it anyway

That is just great! The translation even (I think) added to why I didn't need to know! :lol:

Leonte Răutu (not pictured) survived as the ideologist of Communist Romania under Stalinism, anti-revisionism and national communism, was toppled when his own daughter emigrated to the West. As I've said again and again (whenever the risk of reprisals are below a certain, unspecified limit): children are and will remain a deficit project.

pibbur who for the time, like most (educated) people, is ignoring Australia and therefore won't mention that the sharp saw-like edges of the native Australian red-fruit saw-sedge (where do they find those names?) can cut the hands of careless handlers.

Leonte Răutu (not pictured) survived as the ideologist of Communist Romania under Stalinism, anti-revisionism and national communism, was toppled when his own daughter emigrated to the West. As I've said again and again (whenever the risk of reprisals are below a certain, unspecified limit): children are and will remain a deficit project.

pibbur who for the time, like most (educated) people, is ignoring Australia and therefore won't mention that the sharp saw-like edges of the native Australian red-fruit saw-sedge (where do they find those names?) can cut the hands of careless handlers.

Au contraire mon amie; I'm highly educated and I NEVER ignore Australia!! :p :)

Back
Top Bottom