Kingmaker - Characters and Animation

It's ok I usually play a mage anyway. Hopefully the sword is not resistant to the big high damage fireballs I will be throwing at them.

…diverse gender system…
might cancel pledge

It's populist garbage to increase sales.

Probably closer to politically correctness but I agree with the sentiment. Though as others said it may be something lost in translation.

Unless it's made out of titanium, most people wouldn't be able to lift a sword that big. It'd almost be like fighting with an anvil.

You had to be short to wield what was called the two handed sword. William Wallace's group didn't have the skills or the technology to make really good steel so they tended to use these as iron weapons by spinning them over their heads to get centrifugal force and using the broad side. It reminds me of when Bioware "fixed" the warhammer on NWN from being a piercing weapon to a blunt weapon. I shook my head at that one. That and the use of Druid scrolls in D&D in general.

--

What's this I'm reading that this game is associated with My.com/MailRU?

I'm betting you're wrong. Most kickstarters I've supported have made circa an extra 20% in their final 48 hours. The big exception was Bard's Tale 4, but they offered a lot of free games for those who pledged in the first 48 hours, which may have meant less pledges at the end. Owlcat is making somewhere around 1-2% per day at this point and have 22 days to go. I suspect they'll be well over 500k before the last 48 hours. So I'm guessing they'll be around 750k.

I'm hoping you are right, forgottenlor!! Maybe they will meet a few stretch goals before KS closes :)

Just the ruleset alone makes this game automatically better than PoE/Tranny/Numanuma.
:)

I suspect that'll lead to much better combat and actually fun character building.

.... but the fact that there is "kingdom/stronghold management" aspects to this game, eliminates Kingmaker from my to-buy list, post haste.

Finally had time to watch this. Have to admit to being very excited. While I don't like the big anime sword I did notice that other weapons were normal size overall. So from the video, at least, that just looks like the type of weapon it is - in which case that is fine. I would only worry if all the weapons were over-sized.

Also the part on the skeletons was cool. I know some of that from my work in Body Slide for FO4 and Skyrim - editing meshes (NIFS) and how you have to manage bone weights and nodes. How things scale and fit around the skeleton. I really love the way they did it here (again based on the video). All the many layers you can wear so that everything is visible on the character. That really made me happy as I like that type of immersion.

Also the diverse gender bit, to me, was clearly in reference to the skeleton bit they showed. You can change body types (they showed making a big bicep as well as changing the base human skeleton to be a dwarf, elf, etc). With all those options you could have a muscular female or a soft male character and to me that is what was meant by the diverse gender options. Course I embrace diversity myself so it wouldn't matter what they meant - but clearly some of the bigots around here decided to freak out. No surprise there.

Style is fine for me. Seemed to fit in with similar games with the fantasy art look. From what the video showed should be a lot of nice options in designing a character as well as what they can wear.

Also enjoy some stronghold stuff in a game and from the way they plan on implementing it, along with the fact that companions have some form of life away from the main character, sounds really intriguing and fun. Pretty sure this will be a definite purchase for me.

Finally had time to watch this. Have to admit to being very excited. While I don't like the big anime sword I did notice that other weapons were normal size overall. So from the video, at least, that just looks like the type of weapon it is - in which case that is fine. I would only worry if all the weapons were over-sized.
It is as you said. A giant's sword that can only be used two-handed and you need a special feat for it and you still get an attack penalty when using it.

The vid answers the question. They went for actions that take several turns to be completed.
A spell takes two turns to cast and hence six seconds. Two spells, twelve seconds. Slow, slow, slow.

On this ground, animation is going to be hardwork.

RTwP demands fitting animation to simulate a battlefield and this product comes with UgoIgo type animation.
On the other hand, the UgoIgo Xcom 2 has lavish animation that delays the resolution of a turn.

All for the best in the better world.

Back
Top Bottom