Devolver Digital - Sums up the Industry

Nice to have DART back. :D

Bethesda are Top Dogs right now so they field the most hate. I have nothing else to add, except I'd love to see a modern Daggerfall-style RPG again. Even though it was, in fact, algorithm-generated, it still had roughly the same amount of hand-crafted content as a typical modern TES game, just obviously dispersed over a much larger game world.

I'm not saying Bethesda should make that (would be neat if they tried, though), but some RPG developer who wants to try something different and push modern tech might want to give that a whirl. Realistically, no one would likely have the budget and resources to do it well, though. But I do think it would be cool.

I'm not sure what would make Bethesda "top dogs" unless you're speaking strictly about sales numbers. That said, I don't think we need another discussion about how sales quantity doesn't necessarily equate to being the best.

I'm not sure what would make Bethesda "top dogs" unless you're speaking strictly about sales numbers.

Sales numbers and popularity, basically.

Not saying they are "the best" or even my personal favorite. Maybe at one point they were my favorite, but I'm not so sure now. Just wish they'd go back to world-building and RPG mechanics like Morrowind (and before anyone comments, I'm well aware that is likely to never, ever happen.) :)

Good luck to them. They are starting from scratch with the Cyberpunk game.

Hoping he meant that in terms of commercial success there, there are far more talented devs out there than those three.
CDPR, along with Larian and From, is one with most potential for growth.

Iwinski has spoken of both Rockstar and Blizzard in various other interviews (he speaks particularly highly of Rockstar). As I understand it he has spent time studying both studios, their people, and management as models for improving CDPR, and really does think highly of them.

As to how and why, I suspect it has something to do with successfully implementing very big games using big teams working over the long term; and successfully delivering the games to large customer bases. I believe he views work of all three studios as innovative. or at least incrementally innovative in some aspect(s).

Iwinski's interviews are quite interesting as a general rule. My impression is he plans for CDPR to take Bethesda's slot in the current top three (although he hasn't actually said that).

__

I'm sure everyone wants Bethesda's spot. We'll see if anyone can take it. I think TES VI is going to be kind of a big deal. :)

I wasted 15 min of my life to actually watch this terrible video. I still don't know who developer digital is other than something that just stole 15 minutes of my life for no good reason.

Also missing the irony of it following the Bethesda presentation. Unless early access, user comments or crappy isometric shooters some how have something to do with Bethesda.

According Marcin Iwinski, CEO of CD Projekt RED, Rockstar, Blizzard & Bethesda are the world’s top three game developers, (as of Jul 18, 2016).

Iwinski plans to change that by having CDPR take over one of those three slots BTW.,

__
Naming those three would mean CDpr is working on WoWkiller that's at the same time GTA online killer and ESO killer.
That's a sad story. To me. To MMO audience is perfect news.

Why I believe it's about MMOs? Because Rockstar's development "skills" when it comes to singleplayers resulted in no RDR port with the most imbecillic excuse I've heard in my life (we're talking about a code, not mystery of building pyramids or chinese aluminium belt or Antikythera mechanism) and crash-o-rama port of Bully.

Last edited:
CDPR's MMO is already under construction. It's called Cyberpunks 2020. :D

Necro due to another Develver's "bad behavior":
https://www.pcgamesn.com/hotel-barcelona
Devolver has “never heard” of the game it’s publishing for Suda51 and Swery

Devolver says on Twitter that “this is news to us,” and follows up with “gonna need Suda51 and Swery to pitch us this mysterious game we’re supposedly publishing. Name a time and place, gentlemen.” We asked the publisher directly what exactly is going on, and got back, simply, “as suspected, Devolver has never heard of it.”
How can I not love these people? :D

I guess Suda51 and Swery were planning to make them an offer they could not refuse. :D

Back
Top Bottom