RPGWatch - Raven's Cry Hands-On Preview

I think one of the main draws to this game is going to be the writing and story. They put a lot of assets into the cutscenes and story-telling. I can't wait to experience it with proper voice acting.

This sounds pretty good. I like Reality Pumps games. Had some fun with TW1 and TW2. The magic system in 2 was interesting, and I was addicted to the armor upgrade system in 1.

Thank you for this preview Fluent. Looking forward to the game.

tldr delayed again? still no price on steam, maybe they decided to lower it too, 55e was :))

tldr delayed again? still no price on steam, maybe they decided to lower it too, 55e was :))
No official announcement was released since the last delay. Steam still says January 26th, but the publisher wants you to order the game off their website.

Link - https://topwareshop.com/index.php?controller=search&orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=Raven%27s+Cry&submit_search=Search

As I said in a different thread pre-orders were cancelled a few months back. I received a few free games from the publisher as an apology.

Update: Fluent also released a new video today.

Last edited:
In the build I played, one of the cities did not have any borders. You could actually travel the entire, huge island by swimming around it. There was nothing to find, though. Deeper into the forest I did find a campfire, so it's possible something will be placed here eventually and this area will be open for exploration.

Fingers crossed! :)

I also should mention that Reality Pump plans on releasing the tools to the community to create mods for the game. Hopefully they are easy to use for modders and we see some great content over time.

Great news!
Someone make me some nudity mods ASAP! ;)

I bet this game is gonna get so banned in Australia. :evilgrin:

Joxer you should play Pirates of the Caribbean with the Build mod since all of the issues with the game were fixed long ago and also the game is much bigger and better. They just released a new version that added 2 new story lines, finished another, and replaced some of the cities in the game with much improved versions and improved the rest of the cities also.

The game is very reminiscent of Two Worlds II. The art direction is similar and anyone who has played Two Worlds II will probably feel right at home here.

That's the best thing I've heard about the game. I consider Two Worlds II in the all time top 10 best RPGs. For action RPGs, it's in the top 5 for me.

I'm thinking about buying it on the release day.

I liked the more middle eastern and Asian influence in 2W2. It was a nice change of pace from the same old English country side. Also, a lot of the game systems were different and fun. The card based magic system, the upgrade system, and the alchemy system, were fun to mess around with. There were some good quests too.

Thanks to everyone for the support with the article! It's appreciated. :)

I only had access to 20% of the game, so I imagine the final build could really be something special. Looking forward to playing it and possibly reviewing it for the Watch here. :)

Is that the M&B clone with the pirate setting?
Sea Dogs has no connections with M&B and is a way older game than that one.
Not interested into Carribean! game.

Back
Top Bottom