Kickstarter - RPG Roundup

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Today I thought I would do something different. I have three new kickstarters looking to get funded that might be of interest to you. So here we go.

Up first we have a game called Cedaria: Blackout asking for $50,000.
Cedaria: Blackout is a cooperative adventure RPG, featuring a unique blend of Middle Eastern and steampunk architecture and style.
Next we have a game called Magic Meisters asking for $20,000.
Magic Meisters is an open world RPG filled with mystical creatures, magic, dungeons, and multiplayer adventuring for all ages!
And for last I have Tales of Terrene: Book One asking for $20,000. They even have a demo to try.
Explore the world of Terrene and defeat the spreading evil in this top down RPG. Gameplay inspired by Baldur's Gate & Diablo 2
If anyone is interested in more roundups like this let me know.
smiley-wink.gif

More information.

Cedaria… A short game with advertised co-op, means little to none AI. Looking nice and cute but they ask for only 50K?! I'll skip it not because suspiciously low sum but I don't want a co-op game. Yea, it has a singleplayer, Dungeon Siege 3 also has a singleplayer and you tell me is it worth it or the game is ment to be played in pair.

Megic Meisters - MMO. Won't give a single cent for stuff like that.

Terrene, now that one I almost pledged as it's not a phonegame, but then I read this:
Cross Game Auction/Trading System
Um, what?!

In short then. No, no and no!

Except yes. Yes, please, make more roundups!

I'm interested. I check KS about once a month so thanks for doing this.

As far as the 3 mentioned, they all have my interest but I don't think I'm a pledge guy yet, I have to see more.

"Cedaria" looked alright. Literally. The water effect in the game looked fantastic. Because of the setting they will probably get a pledge somewhere down the line.

Magic Meisters has a nice perspective but the animation is a bit too cartoony. Not a complete turnoff but I gotta see more (the KS site had a number of other vids I haven't checked out yet). Cartoony doesn't bother me but juvenile does.

Tales of Terrence, showed me nothing but a bunch of panning camera shots. I have no idea what's up with that game, unlike the other two. Might be good, might not . . . who knows????

I would love to see more Kickstarter stuff, especially since RPS has royally dropped the ball on this kind of coverage the past month.

I do agree with Dajjer. For the most part, each had something that interested me, but the lack of information currently isn't enough to turn me from a prospect into a pledger right now. Might try the ToT demo later as that video wasn't very useful.

Yes, Cedaria looks to be of decent quality and ToT may have potential. Unfortunately, all three look like they will have difficulty reaching their relatively modest goals.

Of the tabletop Kickstarter RPG projects I've seen recently, Accursed looks to be one of the more intriguing. I wouldn't mind seeing that in a CRPG.

Kickstarter stuff is always welcome:)

Some of the games that have come out or coming out etc would be cool as well if you can find it.

For instance malevolance(sp) is looking quite good now.

+1 for more roundups. I miss all kinds of great stuff on KS. Thanks for this!

@Couchpotato

Good idea!

Maybe you should call it Crowdfunding Roundup and include Indiegogo and others.

Such a roundup sounds like way too much work to me, if you include all these genre mixes.
I would prefer a focus on news for SP PC RPGs.

A roundup a month or every 2 weeks is a job for a volunteer.

No need to delete your post, Couchpotato. Of course everybody can have his own opinion.

Hi,

I've been reading this site for years but never registered until now. Just to say yes please keep doing updates like this.

Thank You

This is the second Kickstarter try for "Tales of Terrene" on the first attempt it was a Steampunk RPG and is now changed scope to a traditional RPG.

I do appreciate your roundups and am always willing to support RPG developers.

This is good. I'm too lazy to check KS regularly so I appreciate being updated.

But none of the games look like my cup of tea.

Gotta think there's a market still on KS for "old-school" RPGs in the vein of PE, Torment, etc.

Such a roundup sounds like way too much work to me, if you include all these genre mixes.
I would prefer a focus on news for SP PC RPGs.

I third that.

Clicking over to a linked KS RPG would probably lead to checking out some of the other games over there. I wouldn't mind it if you just had a limited number like top three or so. The thread would probably lead to other games over there.

Back
Top Bottom