What games are you playing now?

I own almost every paradox (video) game ever made, so you can probably call me a bit of a paradox fanboy ;) (I even have some from before the time they were known as Paradox). And I agree about the larger nations, having to fight wars all over the world and colonize as much as possible can be a bit tiresome. I usually find the mid-sized kingdoms, those who have a serious shot at becoming a major power, but that don't have to deal with everything right from the very start of the game to be the most fun, basically the secondary powers that don't start in a position of inevitable war (and those are also the ones that are supported well by both games).

Of course, if Denmark is a neighbor, then war is inevitable. As a swede I can never forgive what they did...

(Or in the case of Crusader Kings, I prevent them from every doing anything)

Well I put down Skyrim, put 145 hours into it and now am just waiting for the DLC to come out. I picked up Risen and that's what I'm playing now. Great game...

Darn, Jagged Alliance 2 gold has an impressively pointless install method.
First you install the install files. Then you install the game(s). On the DVD is a single 928mb file called setup.exe, which in turn contains the install files for Jagged alliance 2 & its first expansion.

Looks as if someone on the publishing side just didn't care.

Aye, I suspect as much. Everything about this boxed version that I got screams "cheap", from the fact that they got the title on the spine wrong (they forgot a 2) to a system requirement that makes it sound as if they never bothered to test it (Intel core 2 duo, for a game released in 1999?). And the installer is so poorly optimized that it is nothing short of an embarrassment (nearly 7min to start!). The game runs fine though, and that is the important bit.

Beat Dead Island, that game was a blast! It was much longer than I thought it would be, if you do all the side quests it will take quite some time to complete it all. Now starting White Knight Chronicles!

-Carn

Why the heck have I not played Jagged Alliance 2 before? At first I found the graphical style a bit offputting (the game was never really a looker, even back in 1999 it looked a bit crude, and the style itself is not all that great either), but gameplay? The gameplay is really top of the line. At first I was just rushing ahead, not really realizing all the tactical nuances that the game had to offer. Skimming through parts of the manual changed my view on how the game should be played.

Still a bit annoyed by how the budget edition was handled, but that is just a minor thing. If the game keeps being this good, I would not be surprised if this is the game I consider the best game played during 2012.

I started playing Hitman: Codename 47 yesterday. It's the original game in the Hitman series, and it's hard...as...fuck.

It might be one of the most frustrating games I've ever played, but I keep going back for some reason.

I installed NOX last night on my computer (got it a while back from GOG).

I'm having a blast! That game had pretty cool gameplay elements going for it.

I started playing Hitman: Codename 47 yesterday. It's the original game in the Hitman series, and it's hard…as…fuck.

It might be one of the most frustrating games I've ever played, but I keep going back for some reason.

The first game did get considerably lower review scores than the later games in the series. Stick to it, the payoff is good enough to make it worth it.

Still playing LoZ: Skyward Sword

What's your overall opinion on Skyward Sword? I'm still debating on whether I'm going to give it a try, but I'll most likely pass on it for the near future.

Still playing Hitman: Codename 47. I'm determined to finish it just so I can say I did. :)

What's your overall opinion on Skyward Sword? I'm still debating on whether I'm going to give it a try, but I'll most likely pass on it for the near future.

Well, literally, it follows the Ocarina of Time's philosophy, and it's an amazing game. Only the controls are a bit shabby. Not to mention the bug I passed through after reading the news about this. This game is a bit large than the Ocarina of Time and with a lot of bosses being included.

If you liked the Ocarina of Time, then try this game!

Now I'm near the end. Need to find that final boss.

I would say that it is like a mix between Ocarina of time & Wind Waker. And the controls are surprisingly responsive, as long as you calibrate your Wiimote correctly. Every time you start the game you are met with a calibration screen, though I always have to re-calibrate it once I'm past it. When you are on the main menu, hold the Wiimote in a horizontal position (pointed towards the TV), and press down on the D-pad and you will find it a lot better than what you get after the initial calibration.

I got Batman: Arkam City for xmas, and haven't installed it yet. I liked Arkam Asylum but was pretty tired of it by the end. That was about a year ago. Hopefully the new game doesn't feel stale.

Well it's now been 2 weeks since I got my PS3. I had a bit of issues connecting it to my LCD monitor, but in the end I got it to work. And I'm loving it. I've played through Uncharted 1 and 2, which were amazing, and am waiting on part 3. Currently playing Red Dead Redemption which is also really cool. I'm loving the western setting and I like even more than GTA. And the writing is surprisingly good. Especially the dialogue parts that the characters have during rides to mission points.

I'm currently waiting for Rachet and Clank Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time, for which I've only heard good things. And then it's going to be Heavy Rain and some Mortal Kombat for some social fun.

I bought the FO3 GotY Edition from the X360 bargain bin this morning. Not playing it yet, but I'll play it sooner or later I guess :).

Back
Top Bottom