The Witcher 2 - Videos @ GameSpot

Looks pretty decent...

That was actually the worst looking vids of those we've seen. I'm guessing they were poor quality to save on bandwidth, because the other stuff has been much cleaner. Of course, I could have clicked on low-res or something too and missed higher-res versions of those clips.

Looks great. Too much grunting screaming and groaning, IMO. A few hours of that would really get on my nerves... though this is a mild criticism.

I won't have a machine capable for this until some time next year though. Oh well, something to look forward to.

This reminds me, I need to play thru Witcher again and pre-order! OH JOY!

I saw a longer video of the ballista scene already that basically covered it from beginning to end. My concerns are with the quest quality and the combat. How creative are they going to be with the quests compared to other similar titles, and how is the combat going to stay exciting over time?

So far, the enemy AI doesn't seem to offer up much/any challenge in combat. Aside from that, some of the spells/signs look pretty fun. Will the move away from the combat in the original make the game more or less repetitive though?

Sounds like a different voice actor? I'm sure it's old news by now but this is the first time I've had a chance to hear/see Witcher 2 vids. He just doesn't sound as badass as the first game and I'm not liking it.

I still have faith despite hating QTE's with a passion hopefully there not done like force unleashed. Bioware did it right were you pushed the left or right mouse to alter some situations.

I don't like it, I hate it, it's so bad no words can describe and out of protest I will play Fable3 instead.

Just kidding. ;)
I want TW2, and I want it right now if possible!

the videos inspired a very certain feeling, infact it was the same feeling that i felt at the very end of dragonage: origins when i completed it for the first and only time.

it is a feeling that many ppl feel about things, infact it represents majority opinion when it comes to the question what party do you vote or how do you feel about quantum mechanics?

it is a small word but it describes the emotions of apathy, indifference, confusion or simply a lack of feeling altogether because the person was left so uninspired.

''Meh''

Agreed. I liked the Witcher, but somehow these videos don't look very "good" to me. The combat seems to consist of geralt running and rolling around like a madman, getting hit very often und slashing around.

Sounds like a different voice actor? I'm sure it's old news by now but this is the first time I've had a chance to hear/see Witcher 2 vids. He just doesn't sound as badass as the first game and I'm not liking it.

Same here. I'm ok with everything else, but that choice for voice actor is just not good. Maybe that's just filler V.O. until we get the real thing <fingers crossed>.

Yeah, the few voiced Geralt bits sounded ... unremarkable.
I really liked Geralt´s english VA in the first game.

I'm probably going to buy this at one time; however I do not like a) Geralts new -ahem- image, b) the art direction c) the movie like cinematics graphics (why, oh why, do every developer think that they need to make a game's graphics similar to movies...) d) and some other stuff probably.

I do like the full voice over, though, I also like that you can actually see the full response in the (sort of) dialogue wheel, they've used. I like the sound of Geralts voice, although I find it could be a bit more cynical, and tough.

In comparison with DA2, I like DA2's art direction and graphics, but that's just because I'm more to the cartoony animations in (fantasy) games than the photo realistic movie trend...

Ehr.. the voice actor is exactly the same.

Well, could be the delivery then(?). All I know is that I never remember feeling a disconnect in Witcher 1 between the voice and the character in the books, like I felt when I watched that one conversation. Of course, it could just be that one conversation... In other words, I'll wait for the final product.

I thought the first game had pretty bad voice acting all around honestly, one of my only gripes. Those 4 vids look great, can't wait for this one.

I'm just curious of how open world it really is, the person demonstrating the game says "here'a huge open area, we have lots of those in the game" and he shows the player in a, well, i guess it can be called an "open landscape" but with what looks like a linear path that he has to follow. Devs often likes to play with words like that.. Hopefully i'm just being cynical.

The combat looks ok except i absolutely hate the rolling, it's retarded. Can i wear plate armor and turn into a little ball like that too? ;) sorry but that's shitty design, i would have prefered a more realistic way to avoid getting hit, strafing or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom