Pillars of Eternity II - Preview @ TGG

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
TGG checked out Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire:

Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire PC preview – A good taste of what’s to come

It’s been three long years since the first PoE game came out, and we’re now finally expecting the new “Pillars of Eternity” to be released very soon (on the 3rd of April, to be exact). However, before we jump into PoEII, let’s have a little history lesson first shall we?

As I was saying, when Obsidian announced the kickstarter campaign for the first game, it was great news for all old-school RPG fans, and luckily enough for you and me. Obsidian was able to reach their crowdfunding goal on time. So it’s nice to see how far we’ve come in 2018 =) And with that said, it’s now time for me to cover the preview build of PoEII!

Not only has Obsidian has managed to polish “Pillars of Eternity II” without dumbing it down. Obsidian has also sorted out a new overworld map for you to explore as well.

As soon as I started playing the preview build I noticed a much better graphical quality. The 3D models during character creation look a lot better than they did in the previous game, great news for those that love to spend a lot of time customizing their character.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Good news, I spend an awful lot of time in character creation.

Good news, I spend an awful lot of time in character creation.

I only spend time in character creation if there are lots of classes/races/stats/skills/spells to decide. For appearance I usually click random or pick at random (since character will be wearing armor 99.99% of the time and zoomed far out), but I do pick a nice portrait.

Basically then the biggest con is that the preview build is a preview build? :rolleyes:

Basically then the biggest con is that the preview build is a preview build? :rolleyes:

Basically. Also, I’ve noticed quite a few previews having lack of voice acting as a con even though one Kickstarter stretch goal that was achieved was double the VO of Pillars 1. Do people not bother checking these things before posting the article?

Basically. Also, I’ve noticed quite a few previews having lack of voice acting as a con even though one Kickstarter stretch goal that was achieved was double the VO of Pillars 1. Do people not bother checking these things before posting the article?

With today's "journalism" you are lucky they even have a copy of the game. Some just watch a clip and look at some screenshots and then post a "review".

3 years already, has it really been? I probably got to around to playing the first entry within a year after its release, so it seems like less time. Usually I try to wait as patience allows for DLCs etc to be bundled and the initial price to get discounted some, plus bug-fixes, optimizations, etc.

I'm sure it'll be fun -- I bothered to back it on some site or another, and hope it isn't too much a PITA to get playing when it's released.

Back
Top Bottom