Gothic Lost in the mine

Stryder7

ranger
Hi all,

this has got to be the best game i've ever played... but... i've gotten lost in the mine... i've managed to get one cave cleaned out of minecrawlers but i think it was the wrong one... i only found a 'fire protection' ring there... not the bonebow or the other ring... where do i go from here???

thanks for your help...

ps... this is the 1st rpg game i've ever played other than 'DOOM' many many years ago...

Doom is a FPS, so it´s your first RPG. ;) Then just as a small hint for every RPG: Save often and in more than one slot! Especially the games in the Gothic series are not always cooperative.

Precision is necessary. Which quest are you working on, which chapter are you in and in which mine are you? Generally speaking all dungeons are reasonably small. Usually you can´t get lost.

Here's how JemyM's walkthrough describes how to get there (I edited out the other spoilers).

Enter the Mine, walk down to the melt-oven (with the working Orc Slave). Here you have two caves leading to minecrawlers...You will find what you need [in the cave on the left].

I'm at he 1st mine that belongs to the Old Camp where Ian is.... I'm at the spot where the 1st 'named' templar Gor Na Bar is talking to an un-named templar... I realize from what i've read that i'm not down at the bottom of the mine yet... I save all the time... lol... every time I get something or kill something... to me the next ramp down looked like a wall so I hadn't gone down that way yet...
thanks all

Last edited:
The first visit to the old mine is to complete Diego's "test of faith" quest, you could just run in and get the list from Ian, exit the mine and back to Diego - quest complete.

All the other stuff like killing the minecrawlers, finding the gearwheel, the crawler queen and all the npc quests etc' etc' can be done much easier later when you get a second visit to the mine per Cor Kaloms quest. This is because normally by then you should have strength, dex' , weapon and level increases.

Last edited:
While we´re talking about savegames ... keep one with Ian´s list in your inventory.

done with mine thanks... sure an interesting game... played waaaaayy too long last night... was up til 3am... oh well...:lol:

Played Gothic 2 from 10pm till 5.30 am when I just installed it. (I had mine on june 12, a day before the official english release and I just had to play.)

Played Gothic 2 from 10pm till 5.30 am when I just installed it. (I had mine on june 12, a day before the official english release and I just had to play.)
I got the game (Gothic Universe) and sat and looked at it for a week... afraid to start it in case I couldn't play it... I am 'old' and my hands aren't as fast as they used to be... I'm sure happily surprised that I can handle this game :D:D:D;)

I got the game (Gothic Universe) and sat and looked at it for a week... afraid to start it in case I couldn't play it... I am 'old' and my hands aren't as fast as they used to be... I'm sure happily surprised that I can handle this game :D:D:D;)

I would say: "you can not be that old!", but it would sound very familar for your avatar won't it?
About being fast -> This is a reason why I don't like an FPS. Give me any other game and I can handle it after some practice (for racers I try to memorize the circuit and to follow the perfect line)

Back
Top Bottom