PotBS - Servers Merge

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
11 servers become 4 all the offical info here.
When Pirates of the Burning Sea launched on January 22nd, we introduced our customers to 11 new game servers. Through feedback from our players and evaluation of our server populations, it has become clear that key game features require populations of higher density in order to function at optimum levels. When you take into account both the disparity in player time zones and the delayed launch of our title in some countries, we were spreading our overall population too thin. Also, in more recent builds, we were able to improve our server technology to allow for an even larger population than we were originally equipped to handle.
More information.

There obviously seems to exist many different ways to disguise the fact that PotBS hasn't become the success they expected.

Having been in beta I cant say its much of a surprise.

SOE really has a magic touch in things they meddle in, dont they. ;)

I knew this would happen!

Having been in beta I cant say its much of a surprise.

SOE really has a magic touch in things they meddle in, dont they. ;)

Indeed, it's impressive how a company that got to work on some of the best IPs out there, managed to turn them all into mediocre commercial success at best : EverQuest, Star Wars, The Matrix and Pirates of the Caribbean... and that company is still allowed to live!
Not to mention Vanguard, which although wasn't a well known IP, had the potential to be much more than that given the original team behind it.

IMO Lord of the Rings Online couldve been far better game, as well.

SOE has yet to understand that releasing half-finished MMOs isn't a very bright thing to do. Ok, they successfully did that with Everquest1, but at that point in time there were no contenders.

If it wasn't an MMORPG, I'd try this out. ;)

Knocking SOE is fashionable but not merited. Hundreds of MMOs fail, it just so happens SOE has the money and know-how to be involved in many of them thus they are involved in many failures.

Current successful mainstream western MMOs can be counted on one hand, right?

Let's see... WoW, EQ, EQ2, Eve, Guild Wars, LotRO.

Ok. One hand if you are a mutant.

Back
Top Bottom