Spellbound - Ravensdale RPG Revealed

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Here's an interesting one. A GDC presentation by Trinigy's Dag Frommhold has revealed a new RPG in the works at Spellbound. Trinigy is the developer of the Vision 8 Engine used by Spellbound to make Arcania: A Gothic Tale and, also, the new Ravensdale. A video of his 38 minute presentation sees Frommhold fire up a demo of Ravensdale, revealing a 3rd-person RPG with very nice art. The game is described as "sort of steampunk" and we see a gameworld that melds fantasy and steampunk elements, such as an ogre-like creature wearing a big machine on his back. The Ravensdale part starts at 10:00 and is well worth a look.
edit: For a complete picture please read the updated newsbit too.
More information.

Looks cool, but I'd like to see a better quality video. It seemed like the computer they were using could barely run that demo.

Doesn't work for me. Steampunk ought to have a Victorian style of setting. This looks like standard cod-medieval with steampunk gadgetry kludged on.

Looks cool, but I'd like to see a better quality video. It seemed like the computer they were using could barely run that demo.

Yes, lets hope he had it on an underpowered laptop for the presentation, otherwise they are in trouble...

Developed by Oxylabs Networks, Spellbound City 2 is a Facebook-based city-building game set in a fantasy fairyland. Do you suppose you can be in charge of a city, and famouse heros are your assistant. Join the iOS game Middle Manager of Justice to open a new world.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom