Project Eternity - $2.8M, George Ziets Unlocked

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Project Eternity is now at $2.83M (plus Paypal) meaning the Paladin and Cipher classes are unlocked, George Ziets is on board and we aren't far too away from the full $3.0M stronghold.
With only four days to go, Obsidian has a slew of activities planned:
Here's the rest of the scheduled events for the next 5 days:
Friday, October 12

• 11:00am PDT - Inside look at a not so typical day with Adam Brennecke - UStream.
  • 3:00pm PDT - PC Gamer Live Chat with the Project Eternity Team - PC Gamer.
Saturday, October 13

• 10:00am PDT - Adam plays Icewind Dale II all day - UStream.
Monday, October 15

• 10:00am PDT - Reddit AMA with the Project Eternity Team - Reddit.
  • 5:00pm PDT - Game night at Obsidian. Watch us play D&D at the studio! - UStream.
Tuesday, October 16

• 12:00pm PDT - The final countdown starts at the Obsidian Office - UStream.
  • 6:00pm PDT - The Project Eternity Kickstarter ends!
Updates to the schedule will be sent via Twitter, Facebook, and posted to our forums.
Oh, the Endless Paths dungeon has an extra level, as well!
More information.

ohhh yes :) that giant was a nice touch :) I totally freaked out when I saw that. I can hardly wait to be there and destroy evil things and loot their stuff :)

Wow, things have really kicked into gear in the last weekend. It looks like they are going to at least match Wasteland 2 on backers and dollars, which would be fantastic. And the addition of George Ziets is quite nice, as we now have two of the better game writers (in George and Avellone) on this team. Add to that Sawyer's and Tim Cain's skillz with systems and world-building and it's definitely an uber-team.

Although I've contributed to other Kickstarters, this is definitely the one I'm most excited about.

They've passed 2.9 mil on KS, I don't know how much PayPal is adding, but the stronghold is in for sure. Yaaay!

Don't much care about the Stronghold, but the other stuff looks just dandy. It's going to be a long wait until 2014. Good job Wasteland 2 will be out next year.

If they keep up this pace the $3.5 million goal isn't an impossibility... they're currently getting over $150,000 a day with 3 days to go so it will need a further increase but that is what kickstarters often do.

I finally got around to backing this project. I pledged $250. This is my first pledge on kickstarter. It took me a while to feel comfortable doing this as I've never been one to 'pre-order' any game as I find that kind of silly.

But after about a month of researching the whole kickstarter concept, I think the idea will be great for PC gaming and a return to some truly great RPGing. So there's my rational.

Wow, things have really kicked into gear in the last weekend. It looks like they are going to at least match Wasteland 2 on backers and dollars

Project Eternity is beating Wasteland 2 total today, only 9k needed for that. Needs 1100 more backers to beat the backers total though, should get in the next 24 hours.

So around 10-12 levels for the mega dungeon look possible by the end of this. That will put Watcher's Keep to shame

Project Eternity is beating Wasteland 2 total today, only 9k needed for that. Needs 1100 more backers to beat the backers total though, should get in the next 24 hours.

Found this on RPG Codex, seems pretty interesting:

2db5uet.jpg

I think they get 3.5 mil out of this. It won't pass Wasteland 2 on the list of games I'm most excited for, but it has the chance to be one of the most epic games ever created if it turns out right.

Ooh they're all popping up on the chat accompanying the stream now.. cool.

$3m has been achieved with paypal additions.

Back
Top Bottom