Pricewatch!

watch out for the Dungeon Keepers. While they indeed qualify as Good Old Games, the versions they are rolling with are awful, especially DK2 which can be unplayable for a lot of people. For 2.99 youre not losing much, but dont get too excited because it may not work!

Build a bundle has launched. It is an indie bundle where you get to pick the games (from a list). The more games you pick, the higher the min price will be (increased by $1 per game for the first 3, and then $0.75 for the following games, min 3 games).
The following games are on offer:
Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals
Sideways New York
Caster
The Ball
Necrovision
LightFish
Post Apocalyptic Mayhem
Xotic
Beep
UberSoldier 2
Darkfall: Lost Souls
Diamond Dan

All games apart from Ubersoldier 2 have steam keys and most can be downloaded from the site itself.

Surprised to see Necrovision included in that bundle. I didn't know it was considered to be an indie title.

Same here, but the definition of "Indie" seem to have been stretched quite a bit in many more recent bundles, even bigger ones like HiB. Necrovision is no less indie than say Shank (independent company that made the game, but big publisher), but I'm not sure if either should be classified as "indie" to begin with.

Same here, but the definition of "Indie" seem to have been stretched quite a bit in many more recent bundles, even bigger ones like HiB. Necrovision is no less indie than say Shank (independent company that made the game, but big publisher), but I'm not sure if either should be classified as "indie" to begin with.

Yep ... leave it to EA to piss all over the Indie world as well ... ;)

Yep … leave it to EA to piss all over the Indie world as well … ;)
I would make obscene gestures in EA's general direction, but they have helped smaller studios make good games, so it is not all bad.
And they are not alone, Warner Brothers, Paradox, Meridian4, 1C & Ubisoft have all been "tainting" Indie's good name (sometimes with some pretty good games). Heck, even the indie darling LIMBO is not, technically speaking, an indie game. There are of course still "true" indie games out there, like Grimrock, Blackwell, Eschalon and Space Pirates & Zombies, but the big companies have used the term incorrectly.

I would make obscene gestures in EA's general direction, but they have helped smaller studios make good games, so it is not all bad.

I agree, even though they "helped" because it was profitable for them. Still, I'm grateful for Visceral Games, the developers of the Dead Space franchise, which started out as EA Redwood Shores.

I agree, even though they "helped" because it was profitable for them. Still, I'm grateful for Visceral Games, the developers of the Dead Space franchise, which started out as EA Redwood Shores.

EA is obviously not an altruistic company, and will always look for a way to make more money, but when they support smaller studios, then it is a win/win/win situation (EA gets money, the studio gets money and we get more games to chose from).

EA is obviously not an altruistic company, and will always look for a way to make more money, but when they support smaller studios, then it is a win/win/win situation (EA gets money, the studio gets money and we get more games to chose from).

And I am all in favor of things that work to the benefit of us as gamers and small developers doing creative stuff ...

Bundle in a box just launched. It is a pure adventure game bundle containing:
Gemini Rue
Ben There, Dan that!
Time Gentlemen, Please!
1893: A World's Fair Mystery
The Sea will Claim EVerything
and if you pay more than average:
Shivah
Metal Dead

Bundle in a box just launched. It is a pure adventure game bundle containing:
Gemini Rue
Ben There, Dan that!
Time Gentlemen, Please!
1893: A World's Fair Mystery
The Sea will Claim EVerything
and if you pay more than average:
Shivah
Metal Dead
cool, thanks. I've been in the adventure mood (whispered world was great, grim fandango just awesome) the past months and gemini rue is on my to-buy list. Don't know the other ones in the bundle though.

Strangely, I have a hard time buying something when I'm not 100% sure I will enjoy every last bit of it, even if it is only <3$ (must be some wrongfully connected wire).

cool, thanks. I've been in the adventure mood (whispered world was great, grim fandango just awesome) the past months and gemini rue is on my to-buy list. Don't know the other ones in the bundle though.

Strangely, I have a hard time buying something when I'm not 100% sure I will enjoy every last bit of it, even if it is only <3$ (must be some wrongfully connected wire).
I do the very opposite, if things are too cheap, I tend to overspend.

Anyway, Ben There, Dan That! & Time Gentlemen, Please! are both quite fun games. They might look horrendous, but the writing is good.

Back
Top Bottom