Blackguards

Yes. I nearly freaked out when it hit me.

Wow.. that Heart of the Forest map is pretty tough. I'm assuming it's not really something that you're supposed to tackle as soon as you have access to that region?

It doesn't get any easier from there. I really like the first half of the game but in the second half things started to wear on me.

Mainly the numbers they allow me to see not adding up to the results on the battlefield and you spend most of the 4th and 5th chapters poisoned with no way to resist it you will be poisoned every time you are hit there is a spell to shrug off some off the damage but nothing to stop the instapoisoning every time your hit.

Being poisoned was bad enough stat wise as you can typically only hit with your standard attack when poisoned other attacks will miss most of the time. what was even worse though was listening to 15 straight hours (almost) of " I'm poisoned" or "I hate poison" over and over and over again.

I can't complain too much though I did get 105 hours out of it (multiple play through during EA) and 70% of those were actually really fun.

Yeah, the constant poisoning is really annoying, and healing potions seem abnormally expensive in this game.

What's even more annoying though is how members of my own party sometimes seem highly resistant to friendly spell buffs.

That's a new mechanic. I don't think I ever experienced that.

Heart of the Forest the trick is to get your 2 fighters to the lily as fast as possible, and double striking it. It won't last long.

What's even more annoying though is how members of my own party sometimes seem highly resistant to friendly spell buffs.
Are you sure that these are resistances?
Keep in mind that for every spell you a have certain percentage below 100%. And if this percentage decreases during battle, this may have other reasons (like being poisoned causing stat drops).

I really don't remember having problems with poisoned party members, but also can't remember if poison removal spell on 18 has an effect on the whole map - I had two mages in the party so I didn't need it that high.
Also what resistance to friendly spells? Never seen that in my game.

That's a new mechanic. I don't think I ever experienced that.

Heart of the Forest the trick is to get your 2 fighters to the lily as fast as possible, and double striking it. It won't last long.

I could never seem to hit the Lilly with melee it would knock my fighters down despite them having high body control and will power.

I just hit it with arrows and keep everyone out of the water except the person the Lilly took control of. That keeps them from taking damage and getting poisoned from the tentacles.

Let naugrim soak damage from the Druid and heal him when needed.

I don't remember the resistance thing either might have been introduced in the latest patch.

The hardest level for me by far was when you go to takate's tribe. You basically fight 5-6 takate's and a shaman. They all have spears with distance and AOO. They hit for about 16 damage a pop and in my 11 battles to beat it they NEVER missed once. ( not exaggerating. If you move at all they will hit you multiple times with AOO.

I never dodged them despite having 2 levels of dodge and never seemed to avoid the AOO despite having 2 levels in avoiding them. I came very close to quitting but persevered and finally beat the game.

Again my main complaint with the game is the numbers they allow you to see don't add up to the results you get on the battlefield. Very frustrating.

Oddly enough I found the last era and last battle very easy beat everyone on the first try and never even had anyone die.

Double damage skill for 2 handed weapons, could be called something else.
The lily will focus on one fighter at a time. The other can keep hitting while mages heal, remove poison, while running away from the oak. That worked for me.

Double damage skill for 2 handed weapons, could be called something else.
The lily will focus on one fighter at a time. The other can keep hitting while mages heal, remove poison, while running away from the oak. That worked for me.

Hammer blow? Best skill I'm the game. Had naugrim hit for 100 once. Unfortunately I could get it to hit the lily and could only hit it with standard attacks. Probably because I was POISONED from the tentacle things.

It sounds like Thrasher was at a higher level for that battle. I think I just need to ignore it for now and come back later.

I killed it with my PC archer and triple shot.

Yes, hammer blow was critical to winning battles in many cases.

For poison fights like this, initiative is REALLY important. You want your mages to cure poison on fighters before the fighters' turns, and before something else has a chance to poison them again. Love this tactical stuff. MMMMMmmmmm…..

I haven't played a fully developed archer, just the first level skill early game before more spells were available for the mages.

EDIT:

FYI, it looks like the whiners will get their way in patch 1.3. ;)
Reworked skills - Alongside the changes to the talents 'Warcraft' and 'Animal Lore', the abolish poison spell 'Clarum Purum' is too weak because poison can simply be applied again and again if the attacker hits, forcing the caster to cast 'Clarum Purum' again and again to no significant avail. 'Clarum Purum' will thus be reworked to grant posion immunity for some turns, based on the spell's level.

Still no mention of fixing the infinite morfu spawning level. :(

Last edited:
that fix actually may make the game to easy, depending on how many turns they decide. I think some poison resistance would suffice rather than everyone is poisoned every time they are hit.

It seems they used poison as the great equalizer and they should have used tactics and environment.

I didn't know the spawning morfu was a bug. I thought you just needed to kill them in a certain amount of time or they'd respawn. I think I had 15-20 spawn but I finally killed them.

A fully developed archer with triple shot is nice. you have to be careful with arrows though as you will run out of blunt (bashing) and fire arrows (magic) and be left with hunting arrows and a couple others that just do piercing damage which seems to be the damage most enemies are resistant to. Maxed out warcraft so you can switch between arrow types without losing a turn is very useful.

About the morfus.

I'm not sure killing 5 morfus in one round is possible with all builds. I had a spear man and two tanks with liberating blow, which made it possible to score 7 hits. That's enough if you've prepared the morfus and if you don't miss.

That link can lead to unwanted results so I suggest avoiding it and using this one instead:
http://www.daedalic.de/en/news/Blackguards_2_announced

Blackguards 2 Announcement
2014/06/10

Not much time has passed, but a lot has happened in the time between the events of the turn-based RPG-hit Blackguards and its sequel Blackguards 2, which is officially announced today by Daedalic Entertainment and EuroVideo: Blackguards 2 is set only few years after the story of the first game, but will bring along many changes – for the well-known characters as well as for the players.

Blackguards 2 will stay an SRPG focussing on turn-based, strategic battles with a group of scoundrels as anti-heroes. Some of the best-known Blackguards from the first game will be part of the team again – unfortunately, their lives didn’t go very well since then. Dwarf Naurim, for example, has rest on his fame as a successful gladiator and defeater of the Nine Hordes. He used his popularity for shady businesses and excessive parties and got quite potbellied – not a very good condition for battles, and so he hung up his axe and ditched his old gang, as long as they wouldn't yield any profit.

Wizard Zurbaran was even less lucky: His mistress could track down the former slave, who was able to escape his servitude. She shackled, mortified and sold him for one symbolic copper piece at the slave market.

Takate, on the other hand, is back among the forest people and arranges his own gladiatorial games, letting humans fight for their destiny, just as he was forced to. He believes that there are no challenges left, after he has defeated the Nine Hordes, and gets bored with sending others to their death.

Nevertheless, the fame of the defeater of the Nine Hordes seems to be everlasting – at least for the three survivors, as all others have found their end. Cassia, main protagonist of Blackguards 2, is looking for them: Cassia’s only goal is to rule from the Shark Throne at all costs, even if it’s only for one day. In the Blackguards she sees the fighters and the power she needs for her plans, even if they are a shadow of their former glory: Naurim became fat and lazy, but also more cunning; Zurbaran lost his self-confidence and Takate seems to have lost his killer instinct.

Together with Cassia the three remaining Blackguards will be the main characters of Blackguards 2. In many quests the group will travel through South Aventuria to fulfill Cassias dream.

Blackguards 2 will again be based on the RPG rulebook of The Dark Eye, but it will come along with some revisions, optimisations and simplifications. The gameplay will focus on turn-based battles once more – this time the players have to conquer Cassia’s lands and defend them against intruders when the need arises. As in a fraction-based game the enemies can recapture the territories from the Blackguards.

If not in a battle, players take care of a lot of quests and the development of their characters. As common in RPGs, the quests will offer optional and alternative plotlines.

Furthermore, Blackguards 2 will have new weapons, armor, enemies and stamina as additional battle resource.

On top of that, Blackguards 2 will involve mechanics that have been requested by players of the first game, like improved line of sight, cover and formation.

Blackguards 2 is planned to be released in early 2015.

I'm instabuying when available.

Back
Top Bottom