Things you don't need to know...

There are more than one person from Australia on the watch.

pibbur who wonders how many of those spend most of their time hunting down and playing with fierce, lethal, and actually quite unpleasant creatures (not referring criminals here)

We all do, they're called Kobolds, and demons, and ogres, etc!! :)

.. pibbur's going to the US again. By the end of November. Chicago. And somewhere else.

Purpose: attend a conference (RSNA - no, I won't explain it - evil grin) and visit vendors and hospitals in order to better be able to choose a Vendor Neutral Archive solution for every image taken at the 10 hospitals in our health region: ultrasound (outside the radiology departments), endoscopy, tissue samples, images of the retina, skin lesions, you name it (except radiology - we already have PACS for that)

Today these images are (except for radiology) stored here and there, become deleted due to insufficient local storage capacity, and in general are not very accessible. We want a viewer that can show'em all. With all the necessary bells and whistles (aka tools). We've seen a couple of presentation, and we have a fairly good image(!) of what we want - after all we purchased Pacs 12 years ago, and I had a lot to do with that.

What I really like about this is that I in addition to my informatics degree also will have some, not too much, use for my good ol' doctor education. Without having to see any patients, yay, don't even remember what they look like anymore,

pibbur who thinks it''s safe to go to the US now, after Obama won the election. But who still is a bit worried about is january expedition to Phoenix. And who claims that the most important result of having a degree in informatics as well as med school is that he knows twice as many acronyms.

Last edited:
Write-only memory (WOM?), devised as an insider joke, does have real uses and may even increase the power of a quantum computer.

If pibbur in Wikipedia searches for "denmark mountain" Wikipedia suggests searching for "noonmark mountain" and because of this pibbur will hereafter,
when he feels like it, l call said little flat country "Noonmark".

Openness correlates with liking jazz and that extraversion correlates with liking pop. According to Wikipedia. By extrapolation, pibbur assumes introversion correlates with progressive metal.

Toyota won the first and second place in the C2 group in 1992 Le Mans 24h race.

Psychologist Mary Parke first described the oyster larvae food Isochrysis galbana.

One reason to become a vegetarian is that "eating a lamb does not make a man lamb-like in his character any more than eating a missionary converts a savage into a Christian.

pibbur who is relieved that he's not pig-like (although from an anatomical/physiological point of view many human ORGANS are)

A couple of things that's totally useless to me, but which may lead to excitement for some people:

The first Rally car was powered by a Harley-Davidson engine.

The Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony Collections for Kohl's were originally marketed as "the first celebrity couple to simultaneously design collections for one retailer". I ASSUME that most people who enjoy this do not enjoy the watch. Or don't know about it.

pibbur who also is positively not interested in red socks, mustangs, camaros, misshaped footballs and hairdryers.

PS. The mudcrab Emerita rathbunae is a proficient surfer. DS.

PS2. In my previous post I may have deliberately misspelled the profession of Mary Barke. Shes a phycologist, not a psychologist. DS2

The Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony Collections for Kohl's were originally marketed as "the first celebrity couple to simultaneously design collections for one retailer". I ASSUME that most people who enjoy this do not enjoy the watch. Or don't know about it.

"Kohl" is German and means ... wait ... cabbage !

Chancellor Helmut Kohl led the German Federal Republic Of Germany in the 80s.

The German comedian Otto Waalkes once had a satirical "English learning lesson" program within his shows ... He called it : "English for runaways - Englisch für Fortgeschrittene". One famous example was : "Is this Mr. Vegetable ? Ja, dies ist Helmut Kohl."

Some yecchy stuff today:

Mattheus Marinus Schepman's (pictured) most significant work is "The Prosobranchia of the Siboga expedition", a publication of 494 pages encompassing 212 genera and 1,467 species of snails and slugs.

Trioceros laterispinis can only be found in one mountain range in the Eastern Arc Mountains. Considering the looks of the thing, I can only say thank heavens for that.

foreach(Species SlugOrSnailSpecies in SlugOrSnailSpeciesesFoundBySchepman)
{
Console.Writeln("Yeech!");
}
Console.Writeln("Yeech!");

In another piece of news: Russians are developing an airborne anti-satellite weapon called Sokol Eschalon III?

The most commonly used national anthem (apparently they at least have two) in New Zealand is "God Defend New Zealand". Against their aggressive neighbour, no doubt. The anthem has lyrics in both English and Māori, with slightly different meanings. About who's the enemy?

pibbur who admints that some of the posts he writes in this thread contain blatant(!) white lies. Or lack of precession. And who at the moment of writing will be going to Chicago in 3 days.

Last edited:
Today Bergen@Norway. Tomorrow Chicago. Next week New York.

pibbur who once again is going over there and therefore will revive his Today is thread.

...And who knows, Next year maybe AUSTRALIA!! :)

From the land of pibbur: Blåmanen is ~560 meters tall. Hishadow who's legs, one week later, are still aching. Maybe Gullfjellet next year? :D
attachment.php

Attachments

• bergen.jpg
    bergen.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 102
…And who knows, Next year maybe AUSTRALIA!! :)

First it's AUSTRIA (to celebrate the wife's upcoming level 60). Then, who knows?

pibbur who's not sure if he'll be granted entry down-under as he's not particularly interested in lethal spiders, snakes, koala's and crocodiles. And who decided to stop counting.

From the land of pibbur: Blåmanen is ~560 meters tall. Hishadow who's legs, one week later, are still aching. Maybe Gullfjellet next year? :D
attachment.php

As long as you don't contaminate our source of drinking water on said mountain.

pibbur who likes his drinking water clean with only a very slight tint of brown. And who still doesn't count.

First it's AUSTRIA (to celebrate the wife's upcoming level 60). Then, who knows?

pibbur who's not sure if he'll be granted entry down-under as he's not particularly interested in lethal spiders, snakes, koala's and crocodiles. And who decided to stop counting.

Yes, you have to take great care with those lethal koala's!! :)

Things pibbur hate about America
  1. All the bills, 1 dollar, 10 dollar, 13 dollar look the same!!
  2. And…
  3. Did I mention those stupid bills looking the same?

pibbur who doesn't like that all american bills look the same (to the untrained eye)

Back
Top Bottom