NWN2 Just got MotB... and it didn't install correctly

Neverwinter Nights 2
The Ice Troll Lodge in Mulsantir. Ice trolls only present in spirit, as it were.

Which, btw, is utterly insane. With 40 Cha I should pretty much be able to convince any mortal to do ANYTHING I say without lifting a finger. I should be able to talk Einstien into killing himself inside about 5 minutes with 40 Cha. Then again finding 1000G in a dirt pile is also ridiculous, must try to ignore these things.

Not if Einstein had 41 Wis.

Seriously, this epic-level stuff is fun and all but it really is best not to think too hard about it. That one lodge of 20+ level berserkers could slice 'n dice Nasher's entire army, such as it is...

Ah, the lodge of barbarians, I misunderstood.

The epic stuff has always been a bit absurd. In Throne of Bhaal most regular enemies could've slaughtered the entire Flaming Fist order in Baldur's Gate. I try not to think of stuff like that, it will simply never make any sense.

Ain't that the truth. I thought Hordes of the Underdark handled it better than MotB. It's easier to suspend disbelief about the epic stuff if it's set in Hell or even the Underdark populated by drow and illithids, whereas Rashemen *is* supposed to be a comparatively primitive, faraway barbarian land, perfectly accessible if you walk far enough.

Interesting thing - doesn't Ganns voice sound a lot like the main character in Gothic 3?

You think? I thought he sounded more like someone from VtM:B. Many of the characters do, IMO, which is a huge compliment since the voice acting in that game was just about the best I've ever run across, along with Bioshock.

Just wanted to say to Maylander and everyone else who warned me about the early days in this game as a spellcaster--you were totally and completely right.

I'm amazed at the number of intense combats(with little or no warning) I've been thrown into in the first few hours. They're still fun in a challenging sort of way, but I can't imagine playing this as a caster at a harder difficulty and surviving without tons of reloads and long hours of careful planning. I think the choice to make your first companion a caster is a bit hampering, though I understand the story requirements that prompt it...sheesh!O_O

Had to come back to this thread and re-read everyone's tips(especially badesumofu's) and let Prime J know that my idea of using Mordenkainen's Sword/assorted lower level summons is laughably inadequate as a tactic. :)

Back
Top Bottom