Paradox Interactive - New Images for Vampire Game

"It’s definitely taking political stances on what we think are right and wrong”

"[…]the conflict between tradition and progress"

"It is a political game"

Good damn how i hate these fucking hipster SJW game devs. Stop ruining our games with your shitty ""progressive"" political views (also it's not progress to e.g believe in 5345 sexes and whatnot, it's going backwards, it's not science).
Well it's Paradox and in today's gaming climate of diversity I'm not surprised. I'm just going to ignore the articles & videos scrutinizing or applauding the developers.^^

"It’s definitely taking political stances on what we think are right and wrong”

"[…]the conflict between tradition and progress"

"It is a political game"

Good damn how i hate these fucking hipster SJW game devs. Stop ruining our games with your shitty ""progressive"" political views (also it's not progress to e.g believe in 5345 sexes and whatnot, it's going backwards, it's not science).

Vampire the Masquerade has always been about politics. The whole thing is based on various vampires clans fighting over their personal ideologies (and power to tell others what to do).

and with this I'm going to bed…I wake up at 6am tomorrow and its past midnight.

Well it's Paradox and in today's gaming climate of diversity I'm not surprised. I'm just going to ignore the articles & videos scrutinizing or applauding the developers.^^

I'm thinking of skipping all RPG's that are somehow US (or Swedish) based and just enjoy games like Kingdom Come and ATOM instead. i'm not into RPG's to have absolutely shitty, belief-based political views showed down my throat.

Vampire the Masquerade has always been about politics.

No. "It’s definitely taking political stances on what we think are right and wrong" (we=the devs). So real world politics. It has no place in games, i don't need them to tell me they don't like conservatives or Trump or whatever. They can keep that to themselves.

What's up next.. vegan vampires?
SJWism = retardation. It's belief-based and feelings-based politics, it's anti-science. It's very similar to a religion, and why i don't care for it.

Last edited:
@vurt; the feamle co-writer with Brian just brought up the politicking crap and how it changed the new game since the first Bloodlines. My SJW spider sense is tingling.

Loved the answer about will it be exclusive to one client. The Paradox rep basically said it will be available on Steam, GOG, and other platforms. Buy it were-ever you want to.

This is how games should be released on the PC.:clap:

Also you can customize your character this time with more options. I also like you will be a thin-blood this time who must work his up the vampire ladder to join a clan.

Yeah they mentioned it a few minutes back. They want to support mods from day one, and hope modders continue to mod the game for years to come. So that's a plus also.

Still they mentioned they want to support the game for many years which means DLC.

No. "It’s definitely taking political stances on what we think are right and wrong" (we=the devs). So real world politics. It has no place in games, i don't need them to tell me they don't like conservatives or Trump or whatever. They can keep that to themselves.

That's how the tabletop works too. Why did you think losing humanity for killing humans while bloodsucking them was about? It is telling you that it is wrong to kill humans. The entire lore is based on the Christian mythos and how redeemable are vampires despite being creatures of evil deeds.

They even have to put notice in their manuals now that this SJW/Anti-SJW crap is a thing for people like you. Nobody gave a shit about having homosexual/bisexual vampires 10 years ago. It's a trope that date to the 1700s when the genre started. These days, you have to put a "this has homosexual content" notice at the start otherwise some people feels offended. It's freaking ridiculous.

That's how the tabletop works too. Why did you think losing humanity for killing humans while bloodsucking them was about? It is telling you that it is wrong to kill humans. The entire lore is based on the Christian mythos and how redeemable are vampires despite being creatures of evil deeds.

They even have to put notice in their manuals now that this SJW/Anti-SJW crap is a thing for people like you. Nobody gave a shit about having homosexual/bisexual vampires 10 years ago. It's a trope that date to the 1700s when the genre started. These days, you have to put a "this has homosexual content" notice at the start otherwise some people feels offended. It's freaking ridiculous.

I've never said i give a crap about homosexuality in games, it's in all RPG's these days so it's not like they need to tell anyone "it's in". Of course it is, everyone is expecting that. I highly doubt it only goes that far, it's not how it sounds at all. That would be totally fine by me and probably 99.99% of every other gamer.
It's the whole "we're so worried to offend anyone! These are completely different times so we have to work around that!", "we talk about these issues constantly!"
It can hardly lead to anything good. It sounds like they're shitting themselves constantly when they write "can we write this? we probably have to tone it down, i can see how person X is perhaps a tiny bit offended if we do this!"

They are now writing (Discord) that "consent is vital", that even if you are a monster consent is always a must (doesn't sound good RPG-wise or realism wise, or even lore wise). You gotta ask permission to suck someone's blood, or is it just about sex?

Sorry but it overall sounds awful to me, like they are listening to those 20'ish loud "i'm-so-offended-by-everything"-people rather than millions of other players who are not offended if Malkavians speaks like crazy persons etc.

They are now writing (Discord) that "consent is vital", that even if you are a monster consent is always a must (doesn't sound good RPG-wise or realism wise, or even lore wise). You gotta ask permission to suck someone's blood, or is it just about sex?
Are you serious we need consent to drain/drink a persons blood as a vampire?:lol:

Are you serious we need consent to drain/drink a persons blood as a vampire?:lol:

LXqevOw.png

People all over the internet are laughing their asses off at this.

If it's sex that's ok, but i somehow believe it about sucking blood too, that otherwise someone might be "offended" if you can just go and suck someone's blood. It's exactly how these writers sounds when you listen to them, like they're about to shit themselves all the time so they make sure everything is toned down x100.

Has there ever been a game where you can rape people? I doubt that. That's why i'm thinking it's not just about sex. I doubt anyone is expecting to be able to rape.

I'm speechless right now I really am. Damn. :eek:

As Vampire the Masquerade Redemption allowed you to be a monster. Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines did as well but you faced the consequences of being hunted.

Considering Gamespot article says that drinking blood always kill (which is against the pnp and not exactly true I suspect…although, Thing Bloods have issues controlling feeding), I think you are projecting into what they are saying there.

Seems reading comprehension is at an all time low. Second sentence: It is worth noting that when talking about consent while referencing either the real world and/or the world of darkness that this should be acknowledged - even if your role-play character decides not to abide for your story telling reasons

They are talking about options existing to support getting consent for whatever.

One of you may be correct but who knows. So I shall reserve the right to see in future updates how this is handled. I hope it's not vastly changed from the past games.

LOL. Watch the bloody(!) trailer. You can see all those dudes giving you consent before you beat them to death with sledge hammers, pin them down, and drain their blood.

Vurt spreading nonsense based on a half-baked understanding of the facts - who'd have thought it. :biggrin:

I'll give you the strangely written, but I suspect the post that resulted into that response might gives more context to it.

The "consent is not boring" makes me think it's a response to probably a troll too. They got exactly what they wanted in that case.

Back
Top Bottom