World of Warcraft Classic - 27 august

Don't know if I will play Classic, at least not for a while. I'm not playing Wow much at the moment, and I want to go to the places I've never been (everything after Northrend).

But I logged on today, and created my 3 essential alts: The Nightelf druid Pibbur. The fierce gnome (female) warrior Anhima. And the undead warlock Gangre. So at least they are ready if I ever want to play them.

pibbur who mostly is pibbur everywhere.

Sadly i see the token price went up, i guess it will pass 200k til release :(. Have a token already and 50k, wanted to make the rest fro the 2nd token during the 1st token gametime but if it gets pricey, will be impossible :(

Don't know if I will play Classic, at least not for a while. I'm not playing Wow much at the moment, and I want to go to the places I've never been (everything after Northrend).

But I logged on today, and created my 3 essential alts: The Nightelf druid Pibbur. The fierce gnome (female) warrior Anhima. And the undead warlock Gangre. So at least they are ready if I ever want to play them.

pibbur who mostly is pibbur everywhere.

I know what you mean. I rather discover new worlds and places as well but I like the idea of "going back home" and seeing and feeling how it is now that I am 15 years older :)

I will play it but I don't see myself sticking with it for long but we will see :)

I've reserved a few names on Pyrewood: Keldoran, Theldorn and Maylander. I'll give it a pop, but I've been there and done that, so it'll be very casual.

Couple of days left, some more servers were opened and big drama since there are already addons out there for LFG lol.

I went back to playing Vanilla on a couple private servers, a couple years back. They were well populated mind you. I’m curious how different or similar the community is now.

I went back to playing Vanilla on a couple private servers, a couple years back. They were well populated mind you. I’m curious how different or similar the community is now.

I finally made start in Classic but I never played on any private servers. I can tell you there is real sense of excitement among players like when WoW was first released and its kind of infectious as well!

It seems many are returning players so we are looking at average age group of 30 to 40 years old so most seems well behaved but given how large the population is, there are the "special" players as well.

I guess best time to play will be one month after release? most kids will go back to the shiny retail by then.

I paused my mage since it was so annoying to stop and drink water every 2 mobs, plus i sucked balls vs elites solo. Raising a warlock now :biggrin:

… there are the "special" players as well.
Ahh. The jumping jacks.

pibbur who knows that particular phrase means something else than he wants it to.

PS. I like to play a bit with stereotypes in games, which means that whenever I can, I usually have a little (gnome, hobbit,…) female warrior type, preferrably equipped with a two-handed axe larger than herself. Especially in WOW starting areas I was a couple of times approached by players who I think wanted to roleplay, but in a to me somewhat unfamiliar way. Always nice making fun of them. Yes, she can be a bit bitchy, too. DS.

PPS. BTW, I call her "Anhima" after my cell phone which is called "Anhima" after the "Horned screamer" bird, Anhima cornuta. DS

PPPS. I may have told you this already. DS.

Yet another PS- Then there are of course the "creative" names, like the fortunately dead gnome I found with the name "jagluktarfis", which is Swedish for "I smell like I'm farting". Nice choice on a RP server. DS.

I guess best time to play will be one month after release? most kids will go back to the shiny retail by then.

I paused my mage since it was so annoying to stop and drink water every 2 mobs, plus i sucked balls vs elites solo. Raising a warlock now :biggrin:

I play a warrior and its even worse, I have to eat after each mob!

But mages are the OP class in classic, the first level 60 WW was a mage as you can mass pull,root and AOE them down without getting hit.

Back
Top Bottom