The Outer Worlds - Murder on Eridanos DLC announced for 2021

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The recent Take-Two Interactive news release revealed the new DLC Murder on Eridanos:

Take-Two News Release

[...]

Announced that on February 10, 2021, it will release, along with Obsidian Entertainment, The Outer Worlds: Peril on Gorgon, the first narrative-led expansion for the critically acclaimed, darkly humorous sci-fi RPG for the Nintendo Switch. The expansion was released previously for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, and is available individually or at a discount as part of The Outer Worlds Expansion Pass, which will also include The Outer Worlds: Murder on Eridanos, the second expansion set to launch on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC this fiscal year, and on Nintendo Switch in calendar 2021.

[...]
More information.

I've finished Outer Worlds before the first DLC Peril on Gorgon. When the DLC was released in September 2020 I bought it eagerly, but alas couldn't play it because the game made an end game save before going to the prison planet Tartarus which is the end level of the game. But I accidentally overwrite this save so I can't play the DLC with my saves. Only way to play the DLC is to start the game all over again and play 20 hours to reach a certain point in the main game. It's ridiculous. They were going to work for a way for players like me to play the DLC but so far no news. So I'm not going to buy the second DLC until they fix this.

I've finished Outer Worlds before the first DLC Peril on Gorgon. When the DLC was released in September 2020 I bought it eagerly, but alas couldn't play it because the game made an end game save before going to the prison planet Tartarus which is the end level of the game. But I accidentally overwrite this save so I can't play the DLC with my saves. Only way to play the DLC is to start the game all over again and play 20 hours to reach a certain point in the main game. It's ridiculous. They were going to work for a way for players like me to play the DLC but so far no news. So I'm not going to buy the second DLC until they fix this.
This happened to me with other games. That's one reason why I almost always buy the complete version of a game after a year or more. It's very annoying to not be able to play the DLC without a new play-through. At least in story-based, long games.

That's one reason why I almost always buy the complete version of a game after a year or more.

Or more?
I'm just getting around to playing the complete version of Might and Magic III. It was made in two parts - The Clouds of Xeen and The Darkside of Xeen. Then they added voice and combo quests and called it World of Xeen. Always worth waiting to be sure development is complete. ;)

I'm just getting around to playing the complete version of Might and Magic III. It was made in two parts - The Clouds of Xeen and The Darkside of Xeen. Then they added voice and combo quests and called it World of Xeen. Always worth waiting to be sure development is complete. ;)

whatamireading.png

Lol
Always nice to hear old games being played for the first time!

Played through outer worlds before any DLC as a goody two shoes with the intent of replaying a different style once theres a complete edition.
It wasnt the greatest game but enough time has passed that it should be fun going back through it.
Looking forward to news of whats next for the series.

Or more?

Haha, well it's a good game so you have chosen well. :D

I still haven't played any Ultima games apart from the orginal Ultima underworld. I should really play at least the most famous games...

The Clouds of Xeen and The Darkside of Xeen are Might & Magic 4 and 5. Both games installed together create the World of Xeen, with some additional quests.

Good luck with DLC.
I loved the game and it got pne of my goty votes, but I need a full sequel, not whatnot.

Yup, issues like those described above have a lot to do with why I wait on games these days. Other than Spiderweb products and a few independents, most seem half-done at best when released. I've enough classics to keep me busy while I wait on a newer product to finish baking before I lay down my ducets for it.

And enjoy that romp through Might and Magic, I replayed those very ones about two years ago, still a lot of fun!!

That's really weird. I had several saves I could choose to use to play the DLC. You obviously saved too rarely.
That said, I prefer DLCs that continue the story and that could be played with the final save.

I wish I could go back to the past with full expansions you could play. You didn't need the main game to play just buy the expansion install and play. God I miss those days.

The Clouds of Xeen and The Darkside of Xeen are Might & Magic 4 and 5. Both games installed together create the World of Xeen, with some additional quests.
Yes. More accurate. Humble self playing MM5.5 now with Automapper.

Back
Top Bottom