• Yes, but not for long

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Yes, I want to discover everything

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Here is another poll by Luethar, inspired by him playing Days Gone.
When you complete the main story line of a game and there is the option to continue (i.e., Battletech, Witcher 3, or Days Gone), do you continue to play?

If that's a game I enjoy enough, I'll go on for a while and finish what interesting side quests are left, taking the time to look more into details and exploring. Unless it's already been very long and I'd rather not overdo it.

It usually doesn't last long, past the story the interest can only go down.

I'll knock out any quest remaining after the main ones have been done, which happens to me more times than I'd care to admit. Assuming the game actually lets me continue, sometimes when you finish the main series, you are done whether you like it or not. I'm all about the exploration!

Unless they are fetch quests. Those I'll gladly leave on the floor! =p

No because I finish every quest before the ending and don't care about getting the 100% achievement award. Especially in Days Gone when it was just kill hordes and collect collectables.

Seriously Fallout NV did it correct roll the endings fade to black move on.:biggrin:

Hmm, story is not high on my agenda at all, so I'm likely to finish all the side stuff and skip the story most of the time. I more about finding everything or maxing my level/skills/stats.

Yes I do, especially if there are endgame dungeons, optional bosses and secret areas with a higher challenge.

That is one of the things I used to love from the old Final Fantasy games, and I love it every time I see it in a game.

I generally won't keep playing if the post-story content is trivial.

I will tend to play more because I am generally in the right spirit and don't want the game to end, but it really depends on how engaging content is post endgame. Most games I play don't have a post-endgame so it doesn't often matter! :D

I will go and look at areas that I haven't been to or finish any quests that contribute to the story. I'm not really one for collections, achievements or like in Days Gone, a huge list of unfinished hordes. I've become much more story driven as I've got older. I take my time to get to end game, but then I'm not the greatest player and have to be well leveled up (over?) places that many just breeze through on hard settings.

I answered "Yes, I want to discover everything" but that is not always the case since I usually do everything before finishing the MQ. Which usually leaves me overpowered for the end boss, so maybe I should quit that practice.

Sometimes but not always. It depends what sort of content I have left and how fun the gameplay is. Often, late in a game, it gets too easy or too tedious.

Yes, I do, if possible.

I remember that Might & Magic VI was the first game I played, which allowed this, and I was very positively surprised by this. This is part of the reason that I like this game so much.

This feature is part of the feeling to be part of the game world and of NOT playing a game only to "win". Therefore I prefer developers who allow this.

I have to admit that I even played on for several hours in my latest Elex Re-Run, even after searching for and closing all remaining side content. I installed the mod, which allows to combine the features of several sunglasses in the game (so you can see items, living beings including flowers, and technical beings highlighted at the same time). This way I found several items (and bandits to kill) which I would have missed, when heading straight for a quest goal. I feel the urge even now to go into that world and look for more hidden notes and valuable flowers on hill tops and in hidden valleys…

Always, but how much depends on the game. In Morrowind, for example, the main quest is a small part of the game that I sometimes don't even bother with. With TW3, on the other hand, the non-MQ quests are not very rewarding.

I chose Yes, but not for long. There's usually very little content left for me to experience by the end of a game because I tend to play in a completionist manner.

Days Gone is a good example though of a game that actually has some worthwhile content after the "ending". In fact, you won't get the whole story unless you keep playing.

Typically, the wind goes out of my sails after the story's big finish. There are some exceptions where I find some other goal to chase, like getting the achievement for owning every type of mech in the game in BattleTech, but most of the time it's just time to move on.

Back
Top Bottom