The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I should grab some. Might make leveling a bit faster.

*edit*

I got Fireflash up to 5 today. So if Peter brings in his Cleric next week, I'll probably run her. I bought a 50tp XP pot, which gave 10% bonus. Basically, I soloed through Sharn, WW, Butcher's Path, and a couple others to get the level. Tomorrow, I might pull the same thing off and try for level 6.

Her damage output is high enough that mobs die before they can do much damage. In all total, I only used maybe a half a dozen CLW pots and maybe 10 charges from a CMW wand. Casters I like to hit with Trip first, which prevents them from running (or hopping) off. Since I can disarm traps and find secrets easily enough, I'm getting a considerable boost to XP there as well. You get a +8% bonus for disarming traps, another +8% for finding secret doors.

I got my first spells, which include the necessary Resist Energy and Ram's Might. Ram's Might is basically a weaker Bull's Strength, only +2 STR, but it stacks with items unlike Bull's Strength. Of course, I only have a couple of castings before I'm out of SP, but it should last long enough that it won't matter. The rest of the spells are situational at best, Jump, Tumble, etc... Camouflage would be nice, but I don't use stealth. It gives a flat +10 bonus to Hide.

Only problem is my lack of a wisdom item that doesn't take away my pathfinder's set. Losing that +2 to my attack bonus will hurt.

Last edited:
I'm trying hard to get a full-on migraine, so I'll try to get it calmed down by game time. If I'm not there within a few minutes of 7pm (my time), don't wait on my behalf. We'll see how it goes.

Hey, Cm is wonderful with migraines............Oh, sorry, that's with causing them, not fixing them!! :p :) Hope you feel better by game time.

Probably a good thing I didn't join in. Things got steadily worse as the night went on and right around when you were dividing up the loot from finishing STK, I got slammed hard. Spent some quality time on the bathroom floor near the toilet. I'm being stubborn because I hate to lose a great evening for gaming, but damn this screen is painfully bright, even turned way down. Probably ought to just go to bed and try again tomorrow.

Thanks for the goodies, Santa Peter.

Hope you get better. I got you a nice +4 Great Axe, it's in cm's hands right now, just ask her about it if you see her. If there's one too many players again next time I'll volunteer to sit it out. I'm dead tired (4am now). T'was great fun though!

Nah, if we get too many, we just split into two groups. I take healer duty for one, Peter the other. No one should be forced to sit out, for anyone else.

I had a fun and profitable night, netting about 24k XP. Another 14k will see Fireflash at 6. Which gives me a option to play when I'm not pulling in with Aerie. Eventually, I need to run my Wizard up to 5, so I can play with the group as an arcane. Which would let Corwin bring in his Bard.

I got my new rig in, and set up. Still got to install DDO and Skype, but that shouldn't take long. It's the rest that bothers me; I have a lot of backups to go through at this point.

Now that my Wiz has hit level 7, I'm happy to let someone else run their wizzy. I can either bring my sorc for 2 arcanes, or my rogue. If we're really desperate, I'll bring the Bard who's only level 5. She's more a fighting/buffer than a healer though.

Got my new computer set up, though it'll probably be much of the day before getting everything installed. I'm going to try the high-def DDO instead of regular. I should be able to run it.

We should probably list our characters, at least those of use who jump around a lot. At least I'm confusing most everybody with a different character every week.

Rachail - Human Paladin
Suisaidh - Halfling monk
Mirie - Warforged wizard
Aerii - Elf Cleric
Fireflash - Elf Exploiter
Ijii Drow Bard
Grimmlck - Dwarf Fighter

I'm forgetting someone I'm sure. I think. Maybe. I deleted my FvS, since I never played her any. Not going to create another one, though I might build a second Cleric for lower levels, since our mains are getting high enough now that we can't group with some of the alts without an xp penalty. Grimm isn't in the guild yet, I keep forgetting to bring him in. I do still have a Mureall, but that's my floating slot.

Peter, on Divine Vitality, you should save that for Corwin, or any Cleric/Wizard/FvS/Sorcerers we have with us. Fireflash and Rachail have very few sp. Fireflash has no spells that would matter in a pinch, and Rachail can use LoH in an emergency. Iji has more sp and can heal in a pinch, but she should not be a priority. Corwin's Wizard's damage output is more important, especially since I can just suck down a sp pot with Iji.

Last edited:
Probably ought to list levels for those toons, too, since we're getting spread out enough that it can cause problems.

Phurry McDuggans - barbarian level 5
Barimour Deaz - ranger level 5
Yfe Iilgood - cleric level 4

I've also got a level 5 fighter, but I'm still reserving her for solo work. The ranger was reserved for a while, but I put her in the guild last night. I'm giving real thought to killing the cleric and building something else, but I'm not sure what that might be. I'm thinking about a monk, but I'm not sure I want to buy that class--I added up the money I've spent on turbine points in the past couple months and was just a bit stunned. I started looking after I broke down and bought a shared bank that about cleaned out my points again. The good news is that I've already bought lots of adventure packs (STK, catacombs, Three Barrel, Tangleroot (which I haven't even touched yet), necropolis pt 1 (also untouched), Sharn Syndicate) so I've plenty of stuff to keep me busy for a while.

Well, the thing about levels is that they'll change over time, and I don't want to have to go back and edit a post every other week.

Keep the Cleric around, since we may need a lower level one. You have one more slot to spare, so you can always use it. Monk is fun, but it's a bit of a hard class to play with. They're dependent on more stats than any other class save a TWF Paladin (STR, DEX, WIS, CON for Monk, STR, DEX, CON, CHA for Paladin with WIS a need later on as you get spells). You're depending on click-based ki attacks to boost damage output. Though you get insane saves, evasion, and bonus feats as well as move speed bonuses and such.

On my floating slot, I had a Paladin/Monk multiclass. AC at level 4 was 29, and the weakest save was +14. Needless to say, I pretty much just ran through traps because they couldn't hit me anyway.

My characters are:
Peter Policus (human level 8 cleric)
Peter Stauffenberg (human level 8 paladin)
Karl Peter Aspenstein (human level 13 paladin)
Rolf Peter Manstein (human level 13 cleric)

Last edited:
Anastasiia The Sneak - Halfling Rogue (4)
Khethermyl Tahlyl - Elven Fighter (5)

If I ever get around to playing more I probably won't be close in levels to any of you sad to say.

Keep your eyes open for any +3 longswords drops! My fighter is a whirlwind fighter but has been using the +3 Humongous 2 handed sword that Peter gave me due to the damage. I go back to dual longs and it's not the same. LOVE that thing! All my points are in dual so I should get back to that.

Will try to play more this week and try for Friday. Yesterday I forgot that the time for play was 4pm and not 6pm so I missed it.

@Dte: Hope you feel better sweets! Migraines suck rocks!

I got DDO installed on the new computer, high def this time. It's like a whole different game, graphically, and actually runs faster despite being maxed out. I also don't have to struggle with my hotbars taking up 90% of the screen. Now all 10 are nice and snug off to the side, ignored when not needed.

There's also some sort of nighttime event going on in the marketplace. You get to chase succubi around. *shrug*

To continue the discussion of Wiz vs Sorc, I built an elf of each today. Maxed out their main stats. Both are level 4 vet builds.

The Wizard had 1 extra feat, 350sp vs Sorcerer's 465 sp. The extra feat went to Mental Toughness, which gave 10+ 20sp. Elf Wizards also get an additional sp boosting line, so +15 there. So 115sp difference between the two. Not particularly significant.

The Sorcerer had 1 level 2 and 4 level 1 spells. Wizard got 2 spells a level plus 7 to start, and gained level 2 spells a level sooner. So 4 level 2 spells, 9 level 1 spells known. Wizard could memorize 4 level 1 and 3 level 2 spells. One I picked was False Life, which gives (at level 4) 14 hp, and it does stack with aid (tried it with Mirie; very nice spell to have around on a squishy wizard). I also picked Snowball Storm, the ghetto level 2 version of Ice Storm. I have no idea how good it is, never used it (Mirie doesn't have it). The Sorc had no choice; either damage or buff.

Sorcerer had 1 skill point/level. Wizard 6. Enhancements, other than the Elf-Wizard specific one, were the same. So damage output is the same, at least at low levels.

Well, the thing about levels is that they'll change over time, and I don't want to have to go back and edit a post every other week.
True enough, but the point is that if I see Peter on line with anybody but Policus, it's pointless for me to even bother him. Sure, everyone will be fluid, but it at least gives everyone a general idea of who they can group with.

I've only got 4 slots, not 5, but I'm not in any hurry to kill the cleric just yet. He's barely off the veteran status airship, though, and I don't solo him anymore so he's gonna be level 4 for a long, long time.

I tried snowball storm and found it useless.

Corwinnd level 7 Wiz
Reywinnd level 6 Sorc
Avalonia level 6 Rogue
Ambrer level 5 Bard

Last edited:
True enough, but the point is that if I see Peter on line with anybody but Policus, it's pointless for me to even bother him. Sure, everyone will be fluid, but it at least gives everyone a general idea of who they can group with.

You can easily send me a guild message and then I can swap to my level 7 cleric. I did that yesterday when Azraelck was playing with his level 5 character. He changed to his level 9 paladin and the both of us (my level 10 paladin) did several quests together.

So don't think that just because people are online with one character it means they can only play with that one. Sometimes I'm in a group and then I say so, but often I'm just online selling items, reorganizing my characters and looking for guildies to play with. :)

The character levels are listed on the guild page which is a simple way to get that info. Who owns what character is what confuses me. lol
Testovina - Fighter 6
Kerriakan - Cleric 5
Kerrizad - Wiz 3 (Most likely not long for this world)
Kerriahalf - Rogue 5

We could pick a week to just use low level alts and help each other level them up a bit. We can split up into teams not only in game but on skype call if it proves to be needed. Running two groups was not a problem last time with all of us on one call. But we do have options. And if needs be we can grab one hireling if needed for one team. The cleric and fighter ones are not too bad. The others need too much management and the Barbarian just runs off hitting everything. lol

It was a fun session and no one lost their clothes this week. !

Back
Top Bottom