RTX 2080 ti specs leaked?

They are still selling 1080 Ti here for £630 v $520 in US.

We need to create a RpgWatch US/EU trade network where we can get our US friends to buy and send cheap cards
Yeah I was looking at the prices and they aren't budging here in the UK...

Maybe next month :)

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Preliminary reviews for the 20x cards say the nvidia perf numbers are inflated and presume games take maximum benefits of the new features. Existiing games would only see 30% ish improvement (preliminary numbers). So expensive and not that great ?

Yeah I was looking at the prices and they aren't budging here in the UK…

Maybe next month :)

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I am keeping an eye on 1080 TI on secondhand market. If I can get one for £400 and then hopefully sell my 980 Ti for £200 (wishful thinking !), that might be deal. I am gaming at 3440x1440 and the 980 ti can't handle it at max setting so I should be fine with 1080 ti for 100 FPS+ at max setting.

I was really hoping for a bit more juice from this generation. Mainly so that I could move to 4K gaming without compromise, and to drive the supersampling needed to make VR look better.

I'm interested in the DLSS antialiasing, though. It uses the Tensor cores deep learning capabilities to work out which parts of the image need to be anti-aliased, and only supersampling them. Could be an efficient way to get the AA needed in VR, without brute-forcing the problem.

I am keeping an eye on 1080 TI on secondhand market. If I can get one for £400 and then hopefully sell my 980 Ti for £200 (wishful thinking !), that might be deal. I am gaming at 3440x1440 and the 980 ti can't handle it at max setting so I should be fine with 1080 ti for 100 FPS+ at max setting.

I only game at 1080p so I don't need a 1080 or 1080Ti. From my 'research', if you can call it that, I would be fine with a 6GB 1060 today, but it won't last long when new games come out. That's why I am looking at the 1070 prices to drop.

I have decided on my specs for my new computer, but it's above my budget, so I am waiting until I am back from holidays in October and if prices for the 1070 drop by then, I would pick one up, otherwise I would end up having to go for a 1060 6GB.

That's something I don't understand. If the crypto stuff is falling, why aren't we seeing a ton of 1070's and 1080's dumped on the market? Or is that happening and I just didn't find out about it?

That's something I don't understand. If the crypto stuff is falling, why aren't we seeing a ton of 1070's and 1080's dumped on the market? Or is that happening and I just didn't find out about it?

You mean pre-owned cards? If you're talking about new cards, I assume Nvidia is probably ramping down production of the 10xx series so they can focus on the 20xx cards.

I don't think folks said crypto is falling; what they are saying is the demand for new gpu induced by crypto mining is falling; which is a commentary on the growth of the market.

Crypto is falling all right, so I would expect some miners to be cutting their losses by dumping all their video cards on E-bay or whatever. Maybe quite a few miners if crypto currencies don't start recovering fast.

Crypto is falling all right, so I would expect some miners to be cutting their losses by dumping all their video cards on E-bay or whatever. Maybe quite a few miners if crypto currencies don't start recovering fast.

It has fallen considerably but I believe it’s still profitable and people are probably waiting to see if there’s a rebound. I think it will either have to last for a long time or drop even further to see a tangible amount of cards being dumped.

I have been monitoring the secondhand market for 1080 TI in UK for couple of weeks now on ebay and it seems the average price for good 3rd party card is still around £500 while brand new ones are around £650. They haven't really moved that much. I think most people are waiting to see how the new 2080 and 2080 TI performance so I think we have to wait till 20th Sep (?) for these to release.

I am hoping the 20xx comes to market asap so the 10xx get a better price cut. Cannot see a dollar dropping as a huge difference.

some of the leaked 2080 ti benchmarks are saying that its about 40% faster on newer games and about 25% faster on older games. Older games being witcher 3, gta and newer games being the new battlefield and tomb raider etc. So i don't think 1080 ti will drop that miuch in price...

some of the leaked 2080 ti benchmarks are saying that its about 40% faster on newer games and about 25% faster on older games. Older games being witcher 3, gta and newer games being the new battlefield and tomb raider etc. So i don't think 1080 ti will drop that miuch in price…

If true, that's somewhat disappointing considering what we're hearing those cards are going to cost.

I'm expecting to be underwhelmed, and that's partly because of a lack of competition. Squeezing more GPU performance out of the silicon is an expensive business, and if they can get away with releasing the improvements in smaller increments, they will. I'm sure they know what AMD has in the pipeline, and it's reported that they are not focusing on the PC high-end right now. Console chips come first.

I’ll give up some FPS improvement for technological and visual progress and improvements.

New technology usual costs to much and doesn’t offer financial value but I don’t care it’s my hobby and one of the few things I’ll splurge on.

Yeah, that's fair enough. My concern, though, is whether we'll actually see much of this RTX tech in real use, or if it's one of those things that's tacked on to the occasional game. I would doubt that the next AMD-powered console generation is going to be doing a lot of raytacing, and the console standard tends to define the scope of PC games.

Yeah, that's fair enough. My concern, though, is whether we'll actually see much of this RTX tech in real use, or if it's one of those things that's tacked on to the occasional game. I would doubt that the next AMD-powered console generation is going to be doing a lot of raytacing, and the console standard tends to define the scope of PC games.

A valid concern that I share, but unfortunately I can’t do anything about it.

I love Nvidia’s products but thier proprietary tech is annoying.

Unfortunately there’s no competition for them in the high end. Maybe intel can change that but I have a feeling they’ll concentrate on the mid to low end and their already having a hard time holding off AMD in the CPU market.

Back
Top Bottom