Monster Hunter World

It's MMO disguised into SP/MP hybrid just to make more sales (or more microtransactions).

Not touching.

Nope. It is a new iteration in the Monster hunter franchise, which is a balanced mix of various features.
But it is pattern based combat.

It's MMO disguised into SP/MP hybrid just to make more sales (or more microtransactions).

Not touching.

They didnt put loot boxes in the game based on fan responses. At least that is good.

I'm seeing daily tons of articles about this thing.

Call me paranoic, but the whole bombardment from sites feels like seeing Destiny, For Honor, Division, etc hype all over again. Hyping mediocrity or even worse, but not worth spending a dime on.

I was pretty negative about this product since news started as no article was sincere. But these "fresh" unavoidable spam/clickbait articles make me even more suspicious about it's quality.
Of course there will always be positive comments from people who's motto is "I bought this thus it's good even if it's not", but I'll just sit back and wait for impressions from some reviewer I trust that won't blindly praise just anything while deliberately keeping silence on shortcomings. Basically, I need a YouTube review from TB, AJ or JS.

P.S. It's not PB game so AJ's opinion should be valid in this case.

Monster Hunter World is developed and published by CAPCOM; the legendary developer who has not only been building games since 1979 but also building the hardware for them.

They are extremely talented! No developer understands gameplay better because Capcom pretty much invented good gameplay. They've made hundreds of games. They're a big deal. MHW is a big deal. (It has sold 5M copies in 3 days)

They also made Dragons Dogma.

We're in a pretty fortunate situation here. We have the Dark Souls PC petition to thank for Dragons Dogma, and the good reception and decent sales of DD on PC to thank for the PC release of MHW. PC is finally getting the big console exclusives and even running them with better graphics and performance.

I've never played a Monster Hunter game but Dragons Dogma would have made a fantastic co-op game and I've hunted monsters in that, so this will likely be a day one purchase for me with its 4 player co-op.

Metacritic review quotes http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/monster-hunter-world/critic-reviews

Last edited:
Monster Hunter World is developed and published by CAPCOM; the legendary developer who has not only been building games since 1979 but also building the hardware for them.
Never heard of it.

I saw all the hype, I saw a video, saw it was a twitch game, stopped caring about it.

I was pretty negative about this product since news started as no article was sincere. But these "fresh" unavoidable spam/clickbait articles make me even more suspicious about it's quality.
Of course there will always be positive comments from people who's motto is "I bought this thus it's good even if it's not", but I'll just sit back and wait for impressions from some reviewer I trust that won't blindly praise just anything while deliberately keeping silence on shortcomings. Basically, I need a YouTube review from TB, AJ or JS.

P.S. It's not PB game so AJ's opinion should be valid in this case.

PC version is to release in Autumn.
It is a pattern game a la DS.
It is also a crew game: SP has little interest on its own (except as a way for newcomers to learn how to play)
It demands quality partners as the runs can be easily spoilt (drops only happen when monsters are killed the proper way, lifes are pooled etc)

Last edited:
If we start talking about ice cream, are you going to say you've never heard of it?

Don't be ridiculous, everyone heard of ice cream:

It is already explained.

MH demands a crew: that is a group of players who are skilled and accept the terms of gameplay.

Going to fish for a team among the online community is doomed to fail: with the US american inherited supremacist mindset that is spreading, people try to force their options on others.
People who do not like a product play it to try to change it.

A run in MH is easy to spoil, get one of those american spirit players in a team and it is readily over. Guy will make everything possible to ruin it as he can not bear the idea the product is not meant for him.

Once again, MH is extremelly vulnerable to that mindset. Up to the point since this episode is a jump into the western market, it might the last MH episode true to the series.

I've played a lot of the Monster Hunter games and I've never done any multiplayer. I don't even think multiplayer even existed in the first one I played. I enjoyed playing it solo and I never had the impression that the game's focus was on playing with others, or that I was missing out on anything by not doing so.

It is already explained.

MH demands a crew: that is a group of players who are skilled and accept the terms of gameplay.

Going to fish for a team among the online community is doomed to fail: with the US american inherited supremacist mindset that is spreading, people try to force their options on others.
People who do not like a product play it to try to change it.

A run in MH is easy to spoil, get one of those american spirit players in a team and it is readily over. Guy will make everything possible to ruin it as he can not bear the idea the product is not meant for him.

Once again, MH is extremelly vulnerable to that mindset. Up to the point since this episode is a jump into the western market, it might the last MH episode true to the series.

Can someone move this post to joxers bs of the week thread.

It’s a toss up wether you know less about games or americans.

Back
Top Bottom