Outcast: Second Contact - First Patch

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Outcast: Second Contact has received its first patch which address control responsiveness issues and overall performance.

Outcast - Second Contact - Patch 1 released

Outcast - Second Contact has been updated. The first patch brings performance enhancements, crash fixes, additional options, improvements to jumping and more.

You can find the full list of changes below:

• Controls have been enhanced and inertia of movement lowered.
  • Constraints on jumping have been relaxed in some areas to avoid the occurrence of "invisible walls".
  • The responsiveness of jumps has been improved.
  • Slight adjustments to jumping behaviour when in air.
  • The triggering of dodge rolls has been adjusted in order to prevent interference with sprinting.
  • The contents of ammo boxes have been rebalanced.
  • A rare bug that could occur when purchasing the Magwa in Shamazaar has been fixed.
  • Fixed a bug that caused some characters (for example Zokrim) to get stuck in bodies of water, and sometimes blocking progression.
  • A display issue that caused Naarn to not properly display in some instances has been fixed.
  • Added a "vibrant colors" graphic mode. (Thanks to Dmity Andreev for this feature)
  • Implemented true full screen mode (as opposed to the default borderless windowed full screen) as an option in order to alleviate stuttering that appeared on some PC configurations.
  • A target frame rate option has been added.
  • Ultra-widescreen support (21:9) has been implemented.
  • Implemented automatic surround sound support, in cases where adequate hardware is detected.
  • Audio options with separate volume controls have been added to the options menu.
  • The audio mixing has been rebalanced.
  • Snowfall animation at high frame rates has been improved.
  • CPU usage has been optimized to allow for better frame rate when multiple characters appear on screen.
  • Multiple crash fixes, in particular when using Daokas, have been implemented.
More information.

No Watch feedback on this game so far? Surprising. I thought the old game had a ton of dedicated fans around here.

No Watch feedback on this game so far? Surprising. I thought the old game had a ton of dedicated fans around here.

I just started a game today. The jumping and sprinting really were issues, inflexible in some cases and confused in others but I have been having fun so far. I haven't played with the patch yet so can't say if it makes things better in that department.

Sorry, it's just too many games so little time in my case.
I'll jump onto it definetly, but when will that be seems impossible to predict.

I can't play several titles parallelly!

So I click on that link and find out this game is not in Early Access. Then why does this patch log read like an early access patch?
Or are in 2017 all released games actually early access games without that tag?

Since digital became the norm, there is no such thing as a finished game, just no longer supported. I can't remember the last time something came out mostly bug free. Survival games are in EA for decades it seems.

I bought this but it didn't grab me at all. Everybody looks the same except for your main character. Me and 1000 ET's. Ugly. I shelved it.

Everybody looks the same except for your main character. Me and 1000 ET's. Ugly. I shelved it.
Gimme a break, you shelved it because it wasn't "me and 1000 boobs" game. :p

I did.
You could have known that from my hint on dance sequence, but perhaps you missed the post.

Since digital became the norm, there is no such thing as a finished game, just no longer supported. I can't remember the last time something came out mostly bug free. Survival games are in EA for decades it seems.

I bought this but it didn't grab me at all. Everybody looks the same except for your main character. Me and 1000 ET's. Ugly. I shelved it.
There is a difference between buggy and unfinished.
That patch log reads like a unfinished game being finished post release.

I wonder if anyone here ever completed the original.

Only couple of times. :) Just too busy with real life stuff and few other games to play this. Hopefully I get to play this in the future.

I played the original to the end and loved it. So I'm not in a hurry to play the remake.

I remember playing Flashback on Amiga and on PC.
Whatever SNES might be, I've never seen it in my life.

Anyway, it's completely different game design.

Back
Top Bottom