Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Playing the Demo Twice

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Siliconera has an article titled Exploring Choice in Deus Ex: Human Revolution by Playing the Demo Twice. An intro quote to avoid spoilers:
Not counting the pre-augmentation opening, which we covered before, I got to play through the beginning of Deus Ex: Human Revolution twice. (Actually, two and a half times.) Since player choice is at the core of the Deus Ex multiple runs gave me an opportunity to experiment and see how my decisions affected the game. We’re going to dive into this in detail, but spoilers will be covered with giant black bars. Highlight the text for "what ifs" and to know more about the game.
More information.

why does this site never get any exclusive previews?
I know the scope here is limited to RPG-s only and it's a gathering place of hardcore players among others so it doesn't reach nearly as many people as actual news sites, but even when there are collective previews by dozen or so journalists of which some come from RPG oriented sites there is never any exclusive preview around here?

Perhaps because the staff at RPGWatch have not yet been bribed into handing out 9/10 and 10/10 reviews to crap AAA games, unlike the majortiy of gaming sites out there.

Honestly, I'd rather it stayed this way, too.

why does this site never get any exclusive previews?
I know the scope here is limited to RPG-s only and it's a gathering place of hardcore players among others so it doesn't reach nearly as many people as actual news sites, but even when there are collective previews by dozen or so journalists of which some come from RPG oriented sites there is never any exclusive preview around here?

Primarily because we don't pursue them. Many of these previews comes from events (either press or industry) and many in the US. We certainly don't have the budget to fly people from Germany or Australia to go to a press event and we all have to earn a real living, so we don't really have the time to go, anyway.

Certainly publishers visit the major sites (not an option for us) and pay for journalists to go on junkets - but you need to actively participate and cultivate in this sort of thing on a regular basis to get those invites and that isn't really on our radar.

We often go to the German Gamescom but that's about all.

Primarily because we don't pursue them. Many of these previews comes from events (either press or industry) and many in the US. We certainly don't have the budget to fly people from Germany or Australia to go to a press event and we all have to earn a real living, so we don't really have the time to go, anyway.

Certainly publishers visit the major sites (not an option for us) and pay for journalists to go on junkets - but you need to actively participate and cultivate in this sort of thing on a regular basis to get those invites and that isn't really on our radar.

We often go to the German Gamescom but that's about all.

You have the ability to get exclusive interviews from the indie guys at least. I think I even asked at one point if you were interested in one from Basilisk Games. I did do a couple of those for Colony of gamers.

You have the ability to get exclusive interviews from the indie guys at least. I think I even asked at one point if you were interested in one from Basilisk Games. I did do a couple of those for Colony of gamers.

Sure, absolutely. I still lack time to do it most of the time and I won't bother with repetition - if another site has already covered the material, there's no need for me to re-tread the same ground.

I don't remember the details of your Basilisk offer but I'd be surprised if I had turned it down. If I did some reason, I apologise if the offer wasn't treated properly.

Could have got lost in the mail….I am working on getting Legerdemain interview if you would be interested. http://roguelikefiction.com/

Also, rampant coyote we talked before;)

Sorry for being waaay off topic here.

Back
Top Bottom