Conan Exiles - Previews

The combat system has gone from a simple, Skyrim-esque hack and slash to a much more advanced combo-based system featuring light and heavy attacks, blocking, and dodging. It's about 80% as good as the combat in the God of War or Dark Souls games
I wish the game remained dicks/boobs/butts stretching simulator. Because there is no chance I'll ever buy DS clone.

Can you make a character with boobs and a penis? I'm woke.

But on a serious note this game is looking better then I thought. Will see if Funcom can get it right. If the first reviews are decent I may pick this up around launch.

Last edited:
Can you make a character with boobs and a penis? I'm woke.

But on a serious note this game is looking better then I thought. Will see if Funcom can get it right. If the first reviews are decent I may pick this up around launch.

From what I've read and seen on YouTube, the problem with this game is cheaters and with Funcom turning a blind eye to it. I'm talking about people who've managed to break the game and do things that aren't supposed to be allowed on the server.

See, that's where I'll just refuse to get involved in a game at all. It is bad enough to have weak people that cheat at games active, but then the parent company does all but commend them on their cheating efforts? No way in heck I'd ever give a single cent to a company that permits that type of activity in their game.

No. It's another generic MMO that made decent sales only because of stripping people naked. Once another MMO does the same thing, this one will be forgotten as it'll have nothing unique to offer.

I wonder about MMO players. Read the story of a guy who rebuild his fortified house three times only to have it raided by people simply glitching through the walls. He did quit the game after the 3rd raid but come on!

The combat system has gone from a simple, Skyrim-esque hack and slash to a much more advanced combo-based system featuring light and heavy attacks, blocking, and dodging. It's about 80% as good as the combat in the God of War or Dark Souls games
That can be believed.

From what I've read and seen on YouTube, the problem with this game is cheaters and with Funcom turning a blind eye to it. I'm talking about people who've managed to break the game and do things that aren't supposed to be allowed on the server.
Weak.
The product was turned a success thanks to an appropriate use of the streaming scene as a promotional platform.

Streamers provide various services to their paying customers like playing with them, a bit like hiring out playmates.
This is a quick means to organize a community around a product: paying customers have access to the community server.

Hand picked players, cheating is not an issue. Yet the product is no longer streamed.

Issues are others.

Like?

Is this single player 'offline'?

Yes man, you can chose the 'solo -coop' option and play alone with the data base stored on your own pc, and eventually invite a friend for the coop thingie in you wish, but the game runs in your PC, not external servers. You can even configure all the server settings as you wish, like setting a x10 exp value ;)

The data base is your 'save game', and the game makes backups every 5 minutes automatically.

I wonder about MMO players. Read the story of a guy who rebuild his fortified house three times only to have it raided by people simply glitching through the walls. He did quit the game after the 3rd raid but come on!

The problem with MMOs are other people.

I just might have enjoyed ESO, if it hadn't been for other players with ten pets in tow.

Yes man, you can chose the 'solo -coop' option and play alone with the data base stored on your own pc, and eventually invite a friend for the coop thingie in you wish, but the game runs in your PC, not external servers. You can even configure all the server settings as you wish, like setting a x10 exp value ;)

The data base is your 'save game', and the game makes backups every 5 minutes automatically.

Might be worth a try once it is in the garbage, ahm... discount bin.

The problem with MMOs are other people.

Not with that one. The streaming scene provided a ground for servers to host communities that screened their members.

People pay to join this kind of community, they accept a set of rules and the super administrator has full power to kick them if they do not follow the rules.

Either the community accepts cheating or it does not.

The devs might have seen the issue: it is basically useless to work against cheating on public servers as private servers give all the tools to regulate that issue.

The difference between devs and others is that devs must sometimes put their money where their mouth is.

Back
Top Bottom